Tappa has experience playing against the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tappa has experience playing against the

Mexicans, and should know that they DO NOT LIKE playing against big, strong, athletic & fast players.......That Mexican defense is not looking forward to facing Mattocks & Williams and will try every DIRTY trick to trigger a violent reaction and/or fight to get player's ejected and "derail" Jamaica's game plan. Watch out for dirty tackling, tripping, elbowing, punching and grabbing/pulling. Wouldn't be surprised if they even borrow the biting & nipple twisting from El Salvador, since they got away with it.

True because right this minute Ja is a better team than Mexico (I knew the day would come but not this quickly). If Lawrence and Powell raise their game and carries it for both halves. Mexico is in trouble. Not to mention Mattocks and williams. Can't leave out top dog Blake. Yes he's proving me wrong every match and I like it . I was happy to see him happy in the Canada (post game)
    interview. I see Ja coming together as a team. More on this later

Comment

The players on this Mexico B team want to impress, so they can get the chance to join the "A" squad (World Cup) and Osorio is under a lot of pressure to impress & win something. That means they will be going "all out" to defeat Jamaica & are likely to do the things I mentioned above, plus we can't forget the DIVING & the ACTING.

Comment

True but if Ja stays compact and strikes on counters they are fiinished. Boss the MLS is now the top league in CONCACAF (without a doubt). I can recall when MLS was young saying JA should pool resources and get a franchise. I was met with all kind of excuses.

Now consider if Ja had a franchise in the league; then turn around and moved away from high school football. Ja then starts to teach soccer the way one teaches music or dancing at a school specifically built for this purpose. Ja would be contenders for the WC itself. Ja has the mind of a champion already, has the athleicism, only needs the technical side of the game (which is easy to teach if it's started early).

Comment

You do realise that these MLS players all came out of our school boy system,the one you knock.So our school boys thrive in the top league in concacaf according to You!

How do you reconcile this team that couldn't get a shot off against Mexico B team,suddenly being better than Mex?

Not saying I disagree with the probability they are coming into their own.

Could the coaching have to do with the results of the 1st game against Mexico?
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
            The players on this Mexico B team want to impress, so they can get the chance to join the "A" squad (World Cup) and Osorio is under a lot of pressure to impress & win something. That means they will be going "all out" to defeat Jamaica & are likely to do the things I mentioned above, plus we can't forget the DIVING & the ACTING.
            ...and the ref will help mexico to this end.

I have seen it before.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

All we need is the midfield to perform. You don't have to worry about Powell and Lawerence. They have been very solid out on the wing. Midfield need to stay compact and make the passes out to the wing instead of through the middle, then the combination of Mattocks and Williams will work. Gordon and Francis can join them in attack sometime. We don't need 30 yard between midfield and striker.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You expect school boy footballers who ply their trade in MLS to do this or the genius of Tappa experience ?

What does it say about our local talent both players and coaching

Mawniing Jawge?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You need to go back to bed.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

As mi say, wi nuh need nuh english playa or coach ! The solution is obvious,invest in our coaches and youths.

Comment

They did a good job the other night. I am really impressed with Lawerence as the only time he is beaten is when he goes inside and try to catch up outside but he has been solid, so too has been Alvas Powell and Jermaine Taylor. Nandi youth is good but need to get rid of a few lapses in judgement. When he is not sure kick it out.

Gordon works but need a lttle finishing. The 20 year old Lambert have a good future, Good to see we have forwards who combined in the last game. Keep it up. What we need is a playmaker. Blake should be on his way to top league right now.

Good effort from Tappa I give him between a B to B plus right now.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If coaching skills are being questioned, then it has to be Mexico's ,he put together a group of players he thought would get the job done.
                        What Jawge is alluding to is the team keeping its shape both in defending and attacking in droves, having seen the questions Mexico asked in the previous encounter.
                        Mexico will be expecting they will once again be asking all the questions, and that oversight gifts us the element of surprise.
                        The stars are aligning, each game is ideal preparation for the next one.
                        Last edited by Rockman; July 22, 2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Win ,lose or draw ,i want consistency.I believe Tappa is one of our better coaches that needs support to develop.Unlike some jokas who believe that giving him fish instead of teaching him to fish is good for his development,i dont or to put it another way,criticising his faults is viewed as treason and not doing so,is healthy for his development.

Tappa need fi upgrade im knowledge !

Comment

You have any idea how many former pro players with big license fail bigtime?

It is not all about licenses. Licenses is good to have like a degree but it is not end all. Tappa seems to be learning his skills. He is doing a decent job right now with the talent he has in the cup. I bet you some very qualified coach like the Canadian one wish they are where Tappa is this morning.

Comment

You have any idea how many without a liscence have failed big time,i bet its more than those with a liscene.

Ah keep telling yuh Johnny mek sense !

Comment

Working...
                              X