Manu fan I told you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manu fan I told you

from day 1 Wan B was needed by Manu. He is a real talent.
    Greenwood and Chungy coming through too.
    James need some time and seasoning and no Rockman he can't play defense.

Lukaka can't play on this side as he can't adjust in a 3 man forward line.

Pogba look like him having fun. The young defender that was at Villa looked good. Smalling look like an odd man out.

Jangle you see the clear difference with Ole style from Jose's?

Good game today.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

What we are seeing is OGS multitasking, he is posturing the youngsters to take over in a couple of years, and seeking the services of well established players in a desire to be relevant today.
    He is doing well on the first but is having a difficult time achieving the second .
    This season, soecial emphasus will be placed on Rasford, and he will be up to the task.
    James will get playing time, and it will come at the left back position.

Comment

explain what James can do at leftback? currently he is knocked off the ball easily, and he is not good at tackling. He will get playing time as one of the top 3. He will be good in the open field while he develop his skills. Greenwood and Chungy will see a lot of games. Not sure about Gomes.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Gomes is the most skillful of the three.
        We really have some decent players coming up from the youth team,OGS has the opportunity to replicate what Fergie did...
        In the interim, rather than spend this planeload of money for McGuire, why not not seriously go after getting Bruno Fernandes?
        Just like how I did not like Darmian, I do not like Lindelof, and the same GREATLY exaggerated hype follows him too.OGS has to get his defense right from the very start if he does not want to lose points unnecessarily.
        Back to Gomes(perhaps a point of contention for you),the kid is like that spanish player from that fly by night team, clearly Greenwood and Chongy have eclipsed him in the friendlies BUT....

Comment

Oh gosh totally forgot to answer your question, I know James can play defense just as you know he can't, we have to wait to know.

Comment

LOL!!! I know James can play the wing. That is what I know. Based on his skill set he needs to develop a little more strength at this level. Look how many times he was bounced.

Comment

He will do the bouncing as a interim left back player, and outright wingers Valencua and Young adapted well...
              It is all about James getting playing time, Assasin.

Comment

No he is a good prospect but he needs balance. I notice you all the time talk bout dropping people in defense who never played it before.

Comment

Why are you limiting the wingback position to defense, that position has evolved...
                  Secondly, if your desire is to see James toughen up, wouldn't playing him at left back be a mean to achieve that?
                  James has some sitting time, the only way his development will not stall is if he gets playing time, beside wouldn't you agree having Martial and James on the left flank will keep their opponents from venturing too far into our half?
                  If I was to ask you to name your favourite wingback players in recent times,I wouldn't be shocked if they all had/have an an attacking prowess...
                  All I am saying is give it a try, Assasin.

Comment

Rocky Defense comes first. In defense only time you should go to ground is when you are wining the ball. Defense is not guesswork, you take it to lightly. Put someone in midfield if they don't have the defensive work.

it is good to have attacking wingback but this is after their defensive work is covered. That is primary.

Comment

Working...
                    X