Lucea to get tourism push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucea to get tourism push

Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett says Lucea, the capital of Hanover which sits on a fantastic harbour 25 miles west of Montego Bay, is to be re-imaged and developed as a tourism destination.

Lucea, which is largely known for its role in exporting banana and molasses over several decades, will also see some infrastructural development that will ensure the area is transformed into a suitable tourism destination.

“Why is Lucea not getting the attention it deserves? Are these people blind to the possibilities? Are they blind to what we have to offer? Haven’t they seen the beauty of Lucea and the potential? We would like them to see the vast potential for our area and start to do something about it,” Hawthorne lamented in 2017.

Lucea will get attention along with St Thomas; Montego Bay, St James; Negril, Westmoreland; Port Antonio, Portland; downtown Kingston; Ocho Rios, St Ann; and Port Royal, Kingston, under a comprehensive programme to show a different side of Jamaica as a tourism destination.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...-says-bartlett
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Prosperity for Lucea. Better government at work.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Prosperity for Lucea. Better government at work.
      Agree. The previous government was so darn lazy and shiftless that they could only think of our tourist product being MoBay and Ochi. No imagination. No creativity. Albeit much less corrupt than the current cabal. We jump outa pot and jump inna fiya.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
        Agree. The previous government was so darn lazy and shiftless that they could only think of our tourist product being MoBay and Ochi. No imagination. No creativity. Albeit much less corrupt than the current cabal. We jump outa pot and jump inna fiya.
        You started out so well? When you say much less corrupt you factor in the fact that they were successful in hiding Trafigura in the courts? Or dat nuh matter?

For one who was adamant about propaganda yesterday, you seem to easily fall for propaganda about the current gov't. I guess bad habits die hard.

Anyways ... sit back and watch prosperity gov't govern.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          You started out so well? When you say much less corrupt you factor in the fact that they were successful in hiding Trafigura in the courts? Or dat nuh matter?

For one who was adamant about propaganda yesterday, you seem to easily fall for propaganda about the current gov't. I guess bad habits die hard.

Anyways ... sit back and watch prosperity gov't govern.
          Did I say the PNP was not corrupt?. If your navel string is tied to one party or the other then that's your prerogative. Mine isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
            Did I say the PNP was not corrupt?. If your navel string is tied to one party or the other then that's your prerogative. Mine isn't.
            You claimed they were less corrupt. Don't get defensive ... just say thanks.

Comment

Really, Interesting, I got my oxygen tank.

Comment

Working...
              X