Securing Our Future!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing Our Future!

Damion Lowe's move to a club in faraway Egypt can easily be viewed from several angles by the curious of mind.

But for him, it was pure business, with the future of his family as the key deal breaker.

Lowe, 27, will also have the distinction of being the first Jamaican to ply his craft in the respected Egyptian topflight when he recently signed a two-year deal with Al Ittihad, the six-time Egypt Cup champions.

The club, based in the Mediterranean port city of Alexandria, boast the third largest football fan base in Egypt, a country whose clubs have won the African Cup of Champions a record 15 times.

But for the Reggae Boyz stand-in captain, the lure to the land of the Pharaohs was driven in the main by self-interest and the opportunity to broaden his football horizons.

β€œIt was the most attractive offer [on the table] when it comes to securing me and my kids future,” Lowe told the Jamaica Observer from Alexandria yesterday.

β€œI have to do what's best for me and my family. This is securing my well-being. I appreciate everyone's opinion, but in the end the decision was mine to make,” he added.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...3?profile=1498
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Football is business first. At any level!

Happy for the kid.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

man have to do what he has to do.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X