Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartlett: It has to be the Mecca,Kgn

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/apps/...0619787&Show=0

Finally 😏,after how many decades of neglect ,Airbnb forced his hand.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ica-by-resort/

Just to give you a perspective on rooms in Jamaica.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Give me a perspective on why this idiot believe Kgn is (( now)) poised,it can't be because of the extra rooms this hotel is providing ?

Maybe it is....lol

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Kingston and nearby areas like Portmore, Spanish Town and St. Thomas need more medium sized hotels and motels to help drive visitors arrivals.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

They are on the way,as the Airbnb drives up demand,hotels and motels will cater to the upmarket

Comment

As JIF closes, tourism minister appeals for investments in shopping

“...The next area of investment is about shopping. Sixty-seven per cent of the world travels just for shopping. Jamaica's shopping is abysmal. I say that upfront. We need investments in shopping!” he stressed. “We need to build big big powerful malls that brings high end brands into the destination. So we looking investments in those areas.”

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...5?profile=1056
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He made a Damm admission in saying city tourism is now open i.e Kingston,to add salt in the wounds he list New York!

Basically what he is saying is for years we didn't want forgeiners to experience what the locals have to offer,that is the city experience,people want local clubs,theaters,music,food,etc,etc that can only be accessed by immersing yourself in local culture.

The Airbnbs have been the driving force at it ,there is room for the traditional hotels because that experience ( city) has a class factor to it.

Still clueless in my opinion.He seems to be more of a follower of the winds of change,while good and I thank him,it could be worse,he could be in denial or worse yet opposed to it.

Comment

Kingston have a long way to go in developing a large amount of rooms. Currently Runaway Bay have more rooms than Kingston. Those places have more open lands to build. As Jangle said you have to look at places like St.Andrews, St.Catherine and St.Thomas to provide more rooms. Air B&B is good but still limited. Cruise Tourism in Kingston and Port Royal can have an immediate impact on Kingston tourism. Kingston in hotel term is currently a niche market. You will not find any developer who want to add 500 rooms looking at Kingston, a nice boutique or business hotel, yes.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

All those places you mentioned are niche markets like Kgn,that dont have the offer of "city" life.

The room situation as per hotels is a bonus for Air Bnb,developers are booming building gated communities ,that are flipped into Air BNb spots.

Cruise tourism is a part of the bigger puzzle.

Comment

Big developers need land and all the places I mention have lot of space. While Air B&B is growing the amount of room offered will not significantly add a whole lot of rooms to make Kingston a major destination. You have to add other places that were mentioned.

Comment

Add rooms where if kingston is the destination for night life ?

Surely you don't suggest runaway bay ? Is this Barlett suggestion/ thinking?

Comment

use your freaking brain. St. Thomas, St. Catherine, ST. Andrew border Kingston. It is a quick drive in for night life and give the taxi man a money too. The larger property in Runaway Bay have night life and you have the option of going into Ochi. Nightlife in Most city like NY may mean you have to drive from Queens or Long Island to Manhattan or or the Bronx.

Comment

For all intent and purposes , St Andrew and Kingston is synonymous,so you really meant runaway bay,yeah dude that threw me off .

I agree with the parish of St Catherine as being feasible because of the border and road infrastructure leading into Kgn,my brain doesnt see runawaybay or st thomas as feasible.

I hope Bartlett not thinking like you.

Comment

Do you know where western St. Thomas is? Just a few miles from Rockfort.

I said Runaway Bay have more rooms than Kingston. That was my only comparison with Kingston.

Comment

Do you know kingston is synonmous with St Andrew

Kgn Map

https://www.google.com/search?source...76.DfDyBjktM9k

ST Andrew Map

https://www.google.com/search?ei=CjI....0.yP8K1kRpmEI

Thats why its known as Kgn and St Andrew

I would stick with Kgn.

Comment

Working...
                              X