X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Barnes: Black managers struggle to find a new job

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32112666
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Could it be because his coaching record is poor?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Is it ,the only blight seems to be when he was with Tranmere.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

is it any worse than someone like mick mcarthy?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Right!! an nuff more weh dem cycle roun nearly every year.

Comment

John Barnes has a poor record, and once again crying and using the race card.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

If I am an owner, I would never give him a job, someone who constantly complains to the media.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

now THAT is a legitimate observation!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I guess when he was coaching the great Celtics; he was a male caucasian then. Yes? Tell him to transform back to being white. Barnes is walking with a sense of entitlement. What has he accomlished as a coach? Yup cum tell bout white coach whey nah do nutten but get werk. Mi haff a ansa fi unnuh.

Comment

Barnes is right but I hope he is not personalizing it.
                    He could have been Jamaica's coach and maybe build a rep and get a decent club but he jumped at the first chance he got.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      is it any worse than someone like mick mcarthy?
                      McCarthy guided Ireland to World Cup qualification.
                      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

Mick know how to get team promoted to the EPL but know nothing more.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                          If I am an owner, I would never give him a job, someone who constantly complains to the media.
                          Many a cause started or grew because of "complaints to the media". One Marcus Mosiah Garvey knew that very well.

We see John Barnes as a rabble-rouser now, but he will be vindicated when the changes he has called for do take place and we all realise what a racist regime football had been.

Don't stop talk, Johnny! Talk up di tings, yes!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why not try coach in JA john ?

Comment

He was Manager of the month in Jan at Celtic and fired on Feb 11!

Gimme a breakā€¦

I loved the documenatry on ITV.

It basically showed where his career effectively ended in 1992 when he tore his achilles tendon. Before that he was nearly unplayable.

Comment

Working...
                              X