RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Babylon destroys Jamaica through austerity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon destroys Jamaica through austerity.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/06/...ugh-austerity/
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I called it years ago our debt is like a ponzi scheme, its all about flipping the same loan to pay more interest on the previous loan flipped, there /will come a time when there is no equity to flip, what then?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Legal gun pun?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ahh yuh seeit , dem set di legal terms fi screw yuh , when it done set gainst yuh before yuh born, from colonialism to imperialism.

Gwaan MO!

Comment

And how much of this oil.... http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...of-oil_7922092 ... will flow back into JA,s economy?

Comment

We were well on our way to progress before 2011 with NO GROWTH IN 20 odd years. Over bloated civil service. Borrowing, government waste and running entities they can't run and no productivity.

Look what Dominican Republic has done in the last 20 odd years.

Even Petro Caribe which was a good gift from Chavez turn out to be a noose around our neck as we owe 3 billion and didn't export anything to them.

The easy way out is to blame Babylon, blame our leadership.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What about Jamaica destroy Jamaica due to lack of sound plans, sound follow up and improvement plans. Babylon is Babylon and will always be there, Babylon not giving nobody any breaks, so if you can't beat Babylon then you work Babylon.

Too much rahtid excuse man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post

Too much rahtid excuse man!!!
                What messes up Jamaica is not merely leaders...it's ALL of us. It's a cop out to blame only leadership...then conveniently excuse ourselves

The question is: What stops each and every person with some ability from doing something significant to help the country move forward????????? What would the impact be if each and everyone of us did so???????????????

What stops us is BACKWARD THINKING... driven by following a Babylon Agenda like the LEMMINGS we are

We're too busy YAPPIN', WATCHIN' RIDICULOUS TV, SPORTIN', DANCIN' & SINGIN' & CONSUMIN' PRODUCTS MADE BY OTHERS

Well some are "busy" waiting for the "right business climate"

If Jamaicans (and Black people generally) wanna see our biggest problem... look inna wi bathroom mirror ah daytime
                Last edited by Don1; June 19, 2015, 09:47 AM.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

No doubt we, me and you and our bretherin group have a large part of the blame, but bottom line always comes back to who left in the canoe still need fi row. There are many things that can be done right now to build positively and turn this ship in ten to twenty years, but current leadership neither has sufficient vision, knowledge or fortitude to dream, share or execute such, we going down the river using coconut fronds for paddles.

Comment

Everybody can do their thing but it needs vision and central planning to put it all on the same page. We can excuse our leaders all we want. They come FIRST. They set the tone, they are responsible for policies and upholding laws or change it as they see it fit to foster growth.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                      No doubt we, me and you and our bretherin group have a large part of the blame, but bottom line always comes back to who left in the canoe still need fi row. There are many things that can be done right now to build positively and turn this ship in ten to twenty years, but current leadership neither has sufficient vision, knowledge or fortitude to dream, share or execute such, we going down the river using coconut fronds for paddles.
                      Stoni...to be blunt....fcuk JLPNP leadership. I cannot control what they do....so I'm not using that as a cop out for doing nothing

My job is to do those things that are within my power...everything else is not that relevant

For me that means trying to create some value by working with youths who show interest and potential

Interminable yappin about theories or emotions is not valuable ....

GOOD WORKS dweet...Not YAPPIN

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        We were well on our way to progress before 2011
                        Many persons make this claim. They may not use the exact words or sentence but it conveys the same thought. It has for a long time troubled me.

What exactly do they mean?
                        Do they really think we were on the way to being a society where safety in and outside of homes plus jobs would always be available and jobs whereon the worker had 'job satisfaction plus security financial plus constant or at worst most often for most there is satisfaction with 'lot'?

...or that saying is limited to financial security for all?

Is it the message is, things are awful but there is hope of better days?

What exactly do 'they' mean as the fact is in our history from slavery onwards, never has there been 'good times' for the majority?

NO GROWTH IN 20 odd years.
                        What does that mean for to the majority? The numbers have always showed a majority just barely existing.

Over bloated civil service.
                        What does this mean, in the context of inadequate services?

Borrowing, government waste and running entities they can't run and no productivity.
                        Government waste?

Facts:
                        - The civil service is our greatest single employer.

- It is our relatives and friends and acquaintances who man the posts, run the institutions, manage the entire 'the government'.

- Contraction of that massive labour force in any appreciable manner = withdrawing from the economy tremendous 'circulation of money' = tremendous ruin of lives.

- All sections of the private and public sectors can be more efficiently operated.

- Job creation by the private sector has never been of the quantity to ensure what is referred to by economists and other social scientists as 'full employment' and in our history it has never shown ability to so do.

Is it the 'private sector' that must create jobs to satisfy the country's needs...that same 'private sector' that has never shown it can lead us to 'full employment'...that private sector' must be 'allowed' to create jobs? When has the 'private sector' ever been denied opportunities to create jobs?

- The 'private sector' as a whole could be termed 'traders'. They by tremendous margins of persons employed in that sector engage in buying (from a root of external sources) and selling of goods.

How does that tremendous craving for foreign exchange fit within an economy whereon there is constant foreign exchange shortages when put against satisfying the citizens ability to purchase?

- How does population growth, numbers that pour into the labour force year over year as our schools and tertiary institutions disgorge thousands annually, affect ability of 'government' to satisfy the needs and wants of the society?

- What does rates of attrition from jobs and death rates say about our inability to have 'government' solve 'all ills'?

- What is really meant about 'government waste' being among root causes of our dilemma when you consider the above?

Look what Dominican Republic has done in the last 20 odd years.
                        Yes, what has the Dominican Republic done? ...and how was it done = what has been the cost to/on lives?

Even Petro Caribe which was a good gift from Chavez turn out to be a noose around our neck as we owe 3 billion and didn't export anything to them.
                        What is meant here? ...and in what context?

The easy way out is to blame Babylon, blame our leadership.
                        Yes!

More questions?
                        Yes! ...aaaaah, bwoy???? (scratch ead emoticon)
                        Last edited by Karl; June 19, 2015, 10:46 AM.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          Everybody can do their thing but it needs vision and central planning to put it all on the same page. We can excuse our leaders all we want. They come FIRST. They set the tone, they are responsible for policies and upholding laws or change it as they see it fit to foster growth.
                          So speaketh the chief of the cop out crew.... waiting on the "right climate"

Undoubtedly when that climate comes....another excuse for inaction will be manufactured

Yuh need one sun tan when climate change reach yuh??

Comment

When I talk about Growth I am talking about economic growth and growth to the GDP nothing else. That is growth in real term.

Yes Karl Government waste like Building out St. Thomas for IT and it is not been used. Like Netserve, like build stadium for goats, like build bus stop that is not used and lack of supervision of contract and loading the public sector with Party people and stuff like JEEP. These doesn't give any real value to Jamaica.

Right now we could have at least 10% more American visiting Jamaica if the government can work with some hoteliers and airline and come up with packages value 2500 to 3500 dollars. When last you look at the price of flight and hotel for a family of 4 visiting Jamaica? These are the kind of things that lead to productivity. Raising taxes and devaluation is not a plan for development and productivity.

Comment

"My job is to do those things that are within my power...everything else is not that relevant"

only inna Babylon it is not within your power. Gwaan Don1

Comment

Working...
                              X