• Show
Clear All

• Jamaican Mango Mania on Merrick Blvd

thanks audley shaw...yuh have dem inna frenzy

https://youtu.be/yZp6Hd6IWys

Originally posted by Bricktop
    thanks audley shaw...yuh have dem inna frenzy

https://youtu.be/yZp6Hd6IWys
    The reason for the frenzy is due to the inefficiency of the Jamaican agricultural system. They cant even supply enough mangoes to meet a demand at a reasonable price. The demand is there so if they can meet the demand at half the price I guarantee you that thry could sell 10 times more, at least.

Comment

well we got the green light from 2014 to export mangoes to the USA...and we didn't act on it...another one of those initiatives that were 'in the pipeline' i guess...but have no fear audley & anju are here to save the day

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        well we got the green light from 2014 to export mangoes to the USA...and we didn't act on it...another one of those initiatives that were 'in the pipeline' i guess...but have no fear audley & anju are here to save the day
        I guess incompetence, ineptitude and sloppy agricultural policies are all equal opportunity traits.

Comment

you have a funny way of saying thank you...audley & anju say you're welcome

Comment

gwaan eat yuh struggle haitian mango...jamaican mangoes are a premium product...as you can clearly see :

https://youtu.be/PPN8vDiSLMI

Comment

My brother in Brooklyn just sent me a few east Indian .

My hope us Jamaica start to establish real mango orchards. When other cultures discover these cultivars...the demand will be even greater.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

the cane lands are opening up for mango now...a 400 acre orchard is up & running now & they hope to get two more of the same size going soon...if the money is there people wil invest...it's just that you have hurricane & pest risks to contend with...

Comment

Talking about sugar cane.

The sugar cane being sold in farmers market are poor quality...compared to what Jamaica could provide...........

Another opportunity?
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

How the East Indian them taste?
                    Mango in general don't need a lot of care as cane or banana.
                    Could you also plant some cash crop in the same Orchard?

We need the scientific Research Council or others to give us some tree that produce 2 a year and we good.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                    X