Simoes Back In Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simoes Back In Jamaica

Simoes, who now works with the Brazilian Coaches Society, is also a life coach, and said that he would not consider returning to Jamaica to work in any coaching role as those days are behind him. However, he said that there are things that could be done differently in Jamaica to grow the nation's sports.

"You have to build a programme very, very strong, but sometimes it is not very very easy to do that," he said. "You need money and you need a leadership but the companies have to remember that it is not an expense but an investment in your country."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...s-back-jamaica
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Simoes said that he is impressed with what he sees as the improvement of Jamaicans' standard of living, since his last stint living in Jamaica in 2008. He said that this tells him that the economy is growing.

"I saw all the cars. I'm impressed about the new kinds of cars you have here - Mercedes Benz, Audis, I saw Porsches and these kinds of cars we didn't see before and the quantity I'm seeing now. I talked to Michael DaCosta, one of the best friends I have here in Jamaica, and he said economically, a structure is being put in place for the country's growth and he's quite satisfied by the situation."
    So a proliferation fancy cars (i.e. trinkets) is the key indicator of "progress"??? Say it aint so Prof
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

More cyar more gyal
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

That's my problem with Yard Trinkets abound

beyond that the majority suffers. Everyone always uses the most minute standard to describe Jamaica's economic progress, since independence.I agree Don..Say it aren't so prof. WE still a suffer in a country. A Kingston u den.
        "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Hope the JFF ask him to advise on how to set up a strong youth program on the island. Happy anniversary Prof. Simoes

Comment

I also hope that the JFF does something. I hope they see the necessity & importance of a Comprehensive Coach & Youth Development Program, BUT I have to admit that I have no confidence that the JFF sees this as a priority & that they will invest in such a Program.

Comment

My guess he subscribes to the U40, the parallel of course is some owners of those high end cars are renters or still living with their mommy.Well similarly, the cosmetic so-called quick fix of always running to hug a UB40 player is deceptively misleading..and unbecoming.

Comment

Wow so cars are the determiNation of our economic growth

Comment

Why do we need Simoes to tell the JFF to set up a program ? the end result would mean someone has to run it !

Simoes wont run it ,because he cost too much,even to set it up his cost would be too much, why not just copy :

Ethiopia Revisted: Diagnosing Jamaica's football and curing the disease.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...ad.php?t=75943

The Africans are doing it.

http://agoronet.com/index.php/news/1...-local-coaches
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    Simoes, who now works with the Brazilian Coaches Society, is also a life coach, and said that he would not consider returning to Jamaica to work in any coaching role as those days are behind him. However, he said that there are things that could be done differently in Jamaica to grow the nation's sports.

"You have to build a programme very, very strong, but sometimes it is not very very easy to do that," he said. "You need money and you need a leadership but the companies have to remember that it is not an expense but an investment in your country."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...s-back-jamaica
                    He was able to give all those quotes without once mentioning Jesus? Astounding!
                    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                    - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                    X