A year and a half with Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A year and a half with Covid

It is summer again and Covid is surging.

Last year people were saying the heat kill Covid

All the theory about TB vaccine and others.

How things change and see the virus still going strong and that human behavior is the main spreader of the virus.

Hopefully Jamaica and other countries who want to get vaccinated will be able to get the vaccine they need.

This is like nothing we have ever seen.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin

Last year people [two dummies] were saying the heat kill Covid

Comment

Well X is one who was the other.. Seriously vaccine is the answer we cant open up the country at 6% vaccinated. We will not follow protocols. We need a vaccination blitz.

Comment

High heat absolutely kills the virus. That’s an established scientific fact.

Only someone unfamiliar with simple logic would fail to understand this or believe that it should mean that the virus would be wiped out by summer heat. That’s verging on Dummy thinking.

Johnny as a you claim to be a published writer (without any evidence of course) one would believe you’d know better. Then again we’ve been treated to lots of your confused thinking over the years. I don’t believe you can help it.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
          I'd say there are very few countries where we can "trust the numbers" so if that's the case in JA it's far from unusual. What will be difficult to conceal are unusual spikes in deaths (or virus symptoms in the infected) and the toll in JA seems relatively low per capita with no unusual reports of surges in mortality or symptomatic rates.

There may be resistance built up in many countries like JA by the mandatory malaria vaccination.

In fact the death toll in tropical and sub-tropical regions (if we can trust the numbers) appears much lower than colder zones. There's a theory backed by some evidence that a hot, humid climate tends to rapidly retard and/or kill the virus as compared to cold regions.

In Africa where the health systems and heath outcomes are in many/most cases notoriously sub-standard (even compared to JA which is not good) the death toll attributed to Covid-19 is moderate to low. That's at this point in time.

The flu is a Coronavirus...It's just not novel i.e. new. Covid-19 is novel. Every Fall it's "Flu Season" in the US and similar countries. 100s of thousands of mostly elderly or health-compromised people may die depending on the flu type. Millions get inoculated.

Does JA or other similarly-situated countries places have this massive problem? Nope. There's a reason and it's climate-related.

Heat matters it appears. The malaria vaccine may matter also. JA and other hot zones may be beneficiaries. But these likely pre-existing advantages have to be combined with the widely know mitigation measures which GOJ for example...and many other governments have put in place.

Just goes to show that comparing outcomes directly between differing countries and then using that to gauge the effectiveness of "government responses" is often an exercise in propaganda and/or ignorance...i.e. Dummy Territory. Statistical comparative analysis works with like vs like

Dummies like Trump and others use stats for propaganda. So Dummy Donald is a two-fer
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Wait Don1 please dont tell me its you?

Comment

Comment

is who dat...Doctor Seuss?

Comment

let's go to the numbers jim

Originally posted by Dr Seuss
                  The flu is a Coronavirus...It's just not novel i.e. new. Covid-19 is novel. Every Fall it's "Flu Season" in the US and similar countries. 100s of thousands of mostly elderly or health-compromised people may die depending on the flu type. Millions get inoculated.

Does JA or other similarly-situated countries places have this massive problem? Nope. There's a reason and it's climate-related.

Comment

Only a Dummy Deportee/Trump Sycophant like Dippy would be directly comparing outcomes of countries with radically differing resources and health management systems.

That's a misuse of statistics Dippy. Now try again but with more thought... Your quick internet searches will only impress your fellow Dummies.
                    Last edited by Don1; July 23, 2021, 04:15 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                      Wait Don1 please dont tell me its you?
                      Apart from the error with "malaria vaccine" what's your problem with the piece??

I soon afterwards acknowledged the error/misstatement as I meant to post BCG the tuberculosis vaccine we in the tropics routinely receive as kids... not malaria.

Of course Jangle wouldn't want to reveal that as it doesn't help whatever message the guy is pushing... but evvyting kriss

Comment

Consider this a learning opportunity

Comment

Working...
                        X