Barnes and Austin could be unavailable for tomorrow's game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnes and Austin could be unavailable for tomorrow's game

Barnes out as he cannot play on artificial surfaces for medical reasons. Austin is doubtful as he is trying to sort out visa to play in Denmark.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...eturn_19227568
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

I think we need Austin on that field!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hope he makes it.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We looked out of sync without 3 of our regular starters, Wes, McCleary, and McAnuff, I shutter to think what we are gonna be without 5 of them.

Comment

We can do without Barnes...but Austin????
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Wasn't Barnes the one that upon receiving his jamaican passport immediately took to Twitter broadcasting the news?
            I think he is fully committed ,and that is to be admired.
            Most unfortunate that he is unavailable in a game for all the marbles.Just get it done ,coach.

Comment

Barnes take people for fool....how he play on turf vs US....KMTTTTTTTTTTTT

Comment

...all turf are not equal.....l
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Kmttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                    ...all turf are not equal.....l
                    What next?

Some may have a real difficulty playing on Jamaica's tough surfaces.

Do we have them fill out a questionnaire which helps us to understand what fields they will be able to play on? Year of manufacture is important too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good point Culture Sound,maybe his allergy was discovered in that game, lol.On a serious note,yeah it wuestions his commitment.

Comment

I do not think Barnes or anyone of these guys would miss a World Cup qualifier
                        without a genuine reason. I have no reason to question his integrity.

Comment

"Club Commitment" during a world qualifier is what I don't understand. I thought each federation had the power to call a player regardless of what his club think or want as far as it concerns qualifiers.

The JFF appeasing clubs during this qualifying game is on them and they should shoulder a lot of the blame if the campaign ends tonight. The over confidence and arrogance started with the administration and coaching staff.

Starting the campaign off without proper scouting and an under strength team is a decision that starts at the top, plain and simple!
                          Last edited by Brush; September 8, 2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

barnes played in the first game and hustled ..... in the absence of any evidence to the contrary I take him on his word.

they repped for copa and gold cup and the world cup is an even bigger stage .... cannot see him opting out just on a whim.

morgan mccleary and mcanuff basically had no holiday and probably begged off because we are supposed to be able to handle Nicaragua again not unreasonable.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

proper scouting is it really. no scouting to proper game plan ... voila!

the team that played on Friday was more than able to secure a win.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X