Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......This has been a good year/season,

so far, for USMNT players in Europe:
    1. Weston McKennie (22) won the Italian Super Cup with Juventus FC.
    2. Sergino Dest (20) won the Spanish Cup with FC Barcelona.
    3. Jordan Siebatcheu (25) won the Swiss Super League with BSC Young Boys (on loan).
    4. Mark McKenzie (22) won the Belgian Cup with KRC Genk.
    5. Zack Steffen (26) won the EFL Cup with Manchester City F.C.

I tend to default in comparing the US level of players to Jamaica.

The tendency to think that the Jamaican Premiership is enough to prepare the local BoyZ for top level competition is wishful thinking.

Jamaica needs all the help it can get from overseas contingent.

I notice Watford was (again) promoted to the EPL. Their main striker donned the Jamaican colors for the first time (i think). That's a plus.

Other UB40 dressed up for the first time for Jamaica....
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

There are 2 Jamaican players that are on 2 of the 4 EFL Championship clubs that have qualified for the play-offs, for the 3rd promotion spot to the Premier League:
      Ethan Pinnock (27), a CB at Brentford F.C.
      Jamal Lowe (26), a RW at Swansea City F.C.
      ***I'm not sure if Kalvin Phillips, DM for Leeds United, is now cap-tied to England. I remember reports stating that the JFF had contacted him.
      ***I thought that a healthy, fit & focused Ravel Morrison would cause problems in WCQ, especially since he has experience playing in LigaMX, but he hasn't played since December '20 & has been without a club since January.

Comment

6. Brenden Aaronson (20) won the Austrian Cup with RB Salzburg.

Comment

7. Zack Steffen (26) won the Premier League with Manchester City F.C.
          8. Brenden Aaronson (20) won the Austrian Bundesliga with RB Salzburg.
          9. Giovanni Reyna (18) won the German Cup/DFB-Pokal with Borussia Dortmund.

Comment

The US squad has some good 'pedigree '.

HL

Comment

10. Weston McKennie (22) won the Coppa Italia with Juventus FC. This is his 2nd Cup this season. He won the Italian Super Cup earlier.

Comment

Phillips is cup tied. Ravel was training with Sheffield Wednesday i

Comment

On paper, this is the strongest squad that the US has ever had....imo.

HL

Comment

The USMNT has never had this many players playing at such a high level. The 2 things I'm nervous/concerned about are:
                    1. Gregg Berhalter
                    2. The inexperience of the players, when it comes to CONCACAF WC qualifying (which shows what a pi$$ poor job Klinsmann did, of building a player pool for the '18 WC qualifying).

Comment

11. Timothy Weah (21) won the Ligue 1 title, today, with Lille OSC. They finished 1 point (83 to 82) ahead of PSG.

Comment

12. Julian Green (25) is back in the German Bundesliga, as Greuther Furth finished 2nd in the 2.Bundesliga.......Green had a good season, with 10 Goals & 3 Assists in 33 Games, playing primarily as a CM.

Comment

Photo:

https://twitter.com/brfootball/statu...743488/photo/1

Comment

Very nice picture. US Football is keeping close tabs based on that picture.

HL

Comment

2 of the players, Ben Lederman & Henry Wingo, has little to no chance of playing for the USMNT - Wingo played for the Sounders, but he has 5-6 RBs ahead of him, in the present USMNT player pool.......Do you remember Lederman??? He was one of the FC Barcelona academy players that FIFA/UEFA penalized & fined Barca for. At 10, he was invited to train at La Masia. At 11, he joined La Masia, but was forced to leave at 15, because Barca violated the rules. He returned at 17, but he wasn't offered a pro contract at 18, and moved to K.A.A. Gent, in Belgium.

Comment

Working...
                              X