This new forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This new forum

this takes some getting used to i guess it was the same after the previous change and this will happen with all changes , but I think the previous forum made posting and viewing a bit easier (not asking for any changes here tilla)

RE: This new forum

balla (8/9/2006)this takes some getting used to i guess it was the same after the previous change and this will happen with all changes , but I think the previous forum made posting and viewing a bit easier (not asking for any changes here tilla)
    Sometimes to achieve more, we have to give up a little. I think this forum has so much more to offer, from the front end to the back end administration that in time you will grow to love it. I made reference to it being like getting used to a new car. Once you know how to find all the controls in your new ride, you will come to enjoy the ride much more.

You were one who was calling out those who hide behind hurridly made up monikers to "hide an lik yuh". I think with this forum we should have that under control.

You have choices in how you view the pages. Look to the upper right for "Display Mode" and select a mode you think suits you. Play with it and do not be overwhelmed by the extra buttons. Just take time to experiment and see what they will do.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I wouldn't mind being supreme master/being. That would make working these new features a better task

wha yuh say Tilla?

Comment

Jawge (8/9/2006)I wouldn't mind being supreme master/being. That would make working these new features a better task

wha yuh say Tilla?
        Your member level is adjusted based on the amount of posts made to the forum. The forum was set up with some default values which were too low for any really serious ranking. When you takling about 5, 15, 25, 50 etc between levels, you will see that they would become meaningless after a while. I kind of spread them out a bit.

So as much as I would like to make you a supremembeing on here Jawge, I do not have the powers to do so unless I put that member level to 50 posts. You would then find that after a while, everyone around you is a supreme being and I am sure you would not want that. Your rank will improve with time and the amount of posts you add. . .
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Okay I get the picture, if it's going to be meaningless as time goes

on then you should just disable that feature.

Comment

Jawge (8/9/2006)Okay I get the picture, if it's going to be meaningless as time goes

on then you should just disable that feature.
            Don't you think it is easier you just ignore the feature? Think about it Jawge, not because you no longer have an interest in it. The world does not revolve around you. . .

Comment

tilla is there anyway i can stay log in to this computer until i log out

Comment

balla (8/9/2006)tilla is there anyway i can stay log in to this computer until i log out
                When login in, if you check the box Remember Me, it will keep you logged in until you choose logout.

So you may have to logout and login again to make that happen.

Tilla

Comment

Can you guys look into making the forum compatible with browsers other than Internet Explorer? Nothing works on Mozilla that's why mi kinda leggo di forum from wha day.

Comment

Comment

Bricktop (8/10/2006)Can you guys look into making the forum compatible with browsers other than Internet Explorer? Nothing works on Mozilla that's why mi kinda leggo di forum from wha day.
                      BT: The forum developers say the forum is compatible with Internet Explorer 5.0+, Mozilla 1.0+, Netscape 4.7+. I have used the forum with Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla FireFox and Opera and so far I have had no issues with any of them. We will see if there are any reports of issues with specific browsers and if there are any fixes.

Comment

Bricktop (8/10/2006)Can you guys look into making the forum compatible with browsers other than Internet Explorer? Nothing works on Mozilla that's why mi kinda leggo di forum from wha day.
                        Perhaps, emptying your cache (or whatever Mozilla does? ) may help?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What about Avant? I have not tried it yet since I am not home, but that is my browser of choice.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have not tried Avant on this forum. I installed it about a year ago and eventually gave up onit as I was having problems. When it worked it worked well. Maybe I may give it a test again. . .

Comment

I have tried from a million and one different computers using MOZILLA and it doesn't work. The DISPLAY MODE doesn't work, the QUOTE function is all screwy and a couple more things are off. Mi cyaan come pon dah board yah wit dis eediat THREADED view it come in like a damn maze. And sorry to say but this one bag a different FORUM nuh mek it at all yuh tookk away the whole flow of the board and seperated all the posters. I don't see how this could be good as everybody has dissapeared from the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X