Clear All

• Lazie and Mo look what I found:

<DIV id=printReady>

Your favourite person, enjoy

Never trust any J'can Government
    published: Sunday | September 17, 2006
    <DIV class=KonaBody>

Dawn Ritch

When I started working at 22, with a first degree, my annual salary was $8,000.

I rented an unfurnished, air-conditioned, one-bedroom apartment in Manor Park with separate living/dining room and kitchen for $150 a month. Yes, $150 a month. I can't recall what I paid for electricity. The place was so nice that an older <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">married</SPAN> relative was delighted to be given the key for the conduct of assignations. So, morn-ing, noon and night it was locked up. The curtains were drawn, and the air was always running. But I still can't remember the light bill, so negligible was it in the scheme of things.

On that salary, I also collected Jamaican art, entertained friends at <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">restaurants</SPAN> a couple times a week, and travelled overseas quite frequently. The <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">airfare</SPAN> to Florida was US$50, or J$40.

Underemployed

Like the vast majority of Jamaicans, I've been underemployed for the last decade. During this time, the policies of Dr. Omar Davies and the People's National Party government have turned bank clerks into taxi drivers. They've caused garment manu-facturers to sell their factories. Over 30,000 individuals lost their jobs, most of whom were the breadwinners of their families. And now the International Monetary Fund and the Jamaica Labour Party want the Government to make thousands of civil servants redundant, instead of making the civil service more efficient.

The Patterson administration flooded the country with redundancy payments virtually from every sector. Before that, Edward Seaga, <A class=kLink oncontextmenu="return false;" id=KonaLink3 &#1

RE: Lazie and Mo look what I found:

i read it this morning ... did you read it?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yes but I can respect her views and

opinion. You don't see me calling her "bitch" because I disagree with her. For you if she says anything against brucie and the social club; yuh bitch har up. BTW watch CIN today, what is it brucie want from nanny P? Who is the finance minister? If he had asked me where the money for the sugar industry is going to come from I would tell him the same place where he is going to get it for free education across the island. Cajones, cajones, cajones; I have noticed on three ocasions now where your party hides behind awoman to cnfront issues.1 letter to Eddie 2. When Nanny P made her spiritual statement; a female voice suddenly appeared to take her on 3. This Article below:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Responsibilities of our prime minister</SPAN>
      <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Shirley Williams
      Sunday, September 17, 2006
      </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
      <P class=StoryText align=justify>Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller was sworn in as prime minister of Jamaica on March 30, 2006 and took up office on the following day, March 31.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=100 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Shirley Williams </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>In Jamaica, the prime minister is the most powerful member of government, and while his or her powers are in part stated in our constitution, the functions, duties and responsibilities were never, as far as I am aware, defined in any statute or constitutional &#100;ocument. However, over the years, there has been an established code of practice for prime ministers and expected functions, duties and responsibilities. Let us discuss these.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The prime minister is head of government, and is required by the constitution to be the member of the House of Representatives, who, in the judgment of the governor general is the person "best able to command the confidence of the majority of the members of that house "(Chapter 1V, Sector 69 Jamaican Constitution). The prime minister is, usually, the leader of the party which gained the greatest number of seats in the election and the chairperson of the Cabinet.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Powers to appoint<P class=StoryText align=justify>The powers of the prime minister to appoint persons to political and other public offices are enormous. They include the appointment of the governor-general - although under our constitution this appointment is by Her Majesty, in recent years, this has been on the sole recommendation of the prime minister without reference to the leader of the opposition, attorney-general, ministers and parliamentary secretaries - appointments being by the governor-general based on the recommendation of the prime minister.<P class=StoryText align=justify>In addition, the prime minister, under the provisions of the Constitution, is empowered to recommend appointments to various public offices after consultation with the leader of opposition, for example the appointment of the chief justice. In practice, the prime minister's consultations are often without consensus, so I would conclude that such appointments are in fact at the discretion of the prime minister.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=140 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>PORTIA SIMPSON MILLER. has said she cannot do every thing and must delegate </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Most importantly, as Prime Minister Simpson Miller has stated

Comment

Jawge you are wrong. I mocked her because she was acting as if Portia should not be questioned. Don't twist what me say. Suh please edit yuh post about me calling herbitch for attacking Bruce. As a public servant, she has all right to attack him.

I find her to be comical as she points out reality in one aspect of her article(s) then start behaving like you ... Alice in Wonderland.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
        X