Since we nuh want it, mek dem tek it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since we nuh want it, mek dem tek it!

Too often Jamaicans skin up dem face in an attempt to discredit dancehall music. Why? Its beyond me. Sean Paul, a dancehall artiste is representing himself and Jamaica really well, yet people like Karl and Wignall gwaan like dem better than the music.

Where is this coming from? A Japanese student was just in my office and I guess it was my accent he asked if I was Jamaican. Then to my surprise he started asking about Bass Oddessy, Stone Love and Black Kat and while we spoke of the music the boldly stated that the best dancehall sound is Mighty Crown!

Mek dem it yah ... dem more passionate about it that we. Wha yuh say Karl? Yuh know who name Vybes Kartel? Di little Japanese youth all a sing, "I'll neva, I'll neva, I'll neva...."

Mi glad fi see the music being accepted internationally, yet Jamaicans gwaan like dem waan disown it.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Since we nuh want it, mek dem tek it!

Why should the have's in Jamaica operate any differently. Rap Music experienced the same problems in USA.

Yuh tink because the 'White Man' leave Jamaica things would change much ? Who yuh tink replace him ?

'There is certain to be disaster when the slave becomes the master....'

Comment

Working...
    X