RABALAC Defending Champions play JC in a big match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RABALAC Defending Champions play JC in a big match

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>CalaBar, JC in big Manning Cup clash</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>BY KAYON RAYNOR Observer staff reporter
    Friday, September 22, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>Title-holders Calabar and many-time champions Jamaica College (JC) put their unbeaten records on the line this afternoon when they meet in a Group E schoolboy Manning Cup clash at Old Hope Road, starting at 3:30.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=140 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>DALEY... JC's inspirational captain </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Both teams have won their two matches to date in the ISSA/Pepsi/JN football competition, which sets the stage for a mouth-watering top-of-the-table encounter.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Calabar, under the guidance of National Under-17 coach David Hunt, boast a goal difference of 14, having beaten St George's College and Cumberland High, 3-0 and 11-0, respectively.
    However, Hunt - who also led the green-and-black standard-bearers from Red Hills Road to the Olivier Shield last season - knows that it will be no easy task beating JC in their backyard.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It's going to be a tough game. Two teams that have won their opening matches... JC with talented players playing on their home ground, so it's going to be a very exciting and competitive game," Hunt told the Observer yesterday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We're approaching the game as the two games that we've played already this season. We're respecting the opponents, we have certain things that we'll be trying and we have to nullify JC's strength and impose our game plan in the match," Hunt stated.
    JC, meanwhile, have been equally impressive with a goal difference of 12, following 11-0 and 1-0 wins over Oberlin High and St George's.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Chasing their first title since 1974 and their 23rd overall, coach Alfred 'Freddy' Henry told the Observer he is looking forward to a positive game from the "Dark Blues".
    "I don't consider it a big game. We're just going to play some football, try to entertain the JC faithfuls and try to come out with three points," Henry declared.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=130 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>HUNT... Calabar's coach with the Midas touch </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Asked what would be the strategy against his arch-rivals, the easygoing Henry replied, "That I can't disclose right now; we have to keep it close to our chest... but we're just going to try and... be the dominant team and look for a positive result."
    The game should be hotly contested, as both teams played to a 0-0 tie in a pre-season affair.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Four other games are scheduled for today: Waterford vs St Mary's College and Dunoon vs Tarrant in Group A, and Penwood vs Innswood and Charlie vs Jonathan Grant in Group C.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Yesterday's results
    GROUP 'B'
    Norman Manley 4, Mona 0
    Spanish Town 2, Edith Dalton James 1<P class=StoryText align=justify>GROUP 'D'
    Eltham 2, Meadowbrook 1
    Tivoli 4, Kingston High 0
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif
Working...
X