Got milk? - Tamara Scott-Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got milk? - Tamara Scott-Williams

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Got milk?</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Tamara Scott-Williams
    Sunday, September 24, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>Just when life on the rock had settled into surfing from one nine-day wonder to another, a little headline during the week stopped me in my tracks and made me go hmmmm and gave me a brand new perspective on things, however temporary.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=100 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Tamara Scott-Williams </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>"More milk, less psychos" the headline read. With last week being National Breastfeeding Week, Dr Eva Lewis-Fuller, director of family services in the Ministry of Health, speaking at the launch of the National Breastfeeding Week at the Spanish Town Hospital said that mothers who breastfeed their babies for up to six months or more are less likely to raise children who are psychopaths.<P class=StoryText align=justify>I wondered about this bit of news when I drove by two 'schoolers' walking on the sidewalk. I watched them walk by a homeless person lying on the sidewalk. And then I saw them feign kicking him and shooting him with a handgun. When they caught up with me at the traffic light, I had to ask them about what they were doing.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Why would they pretend to kick or shoot some defenseless, mentally disturbed man? I half expected to hear that the man often bothered them when they walked to and from school, and so they were trying to warn him off somehow. Instead I got: "A nuh nutten. A jus a likkle fun."<P class=StoryText align=justify>A little deviant "fun" if you ask me. Maternal deprivation, according to studies, has shown to give rise to deviant behaviour and if Dr Lewis-Fuller is right, and breastfed babes are less likely to become psychopaths, I am reasonably sure these two boys never 'got milk'.<P class=StoryText align=justify>In addition to breast milk containing all the nutrients that a baby needs for the first six months of life, "there is also the emotional bond between you and your baby . perhaps this is what we need to cut down on the psychopathic behaviour in our country." With that one line, Dr Lewis-Fuller had me wondering just how many politicians the world over 'got milk' as young ones.<P class=StoryText align=justify>I think perhaps that the Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez might not have got all the milk he needed as a young one. His address to the UN General Assembly this week was called the most shocking and undiplomatic moment in the history of the United Nations.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=125 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>CLARKE. finally admitted on Tuesday that the receipt system for the farmers 'didn't look like it was hindering the praedial larceny. It didn't seem to be working' </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Chavez said: "Yesterday, the devil came here. Right here. Right here. And it smells of sulphur still today. ... the president of the United States, the gentleman to whom I refer as the devil, came here, talking as if he owned the world." Truly. As the owner of the world. There was applause, and members of the council grinned and nodded openly. Perhaps they never 'got milk' either, because for someone to openly support, much less utter words which call the president of the United States of America, the "devil" is . well.psychopathic.<P class=StoryText align=justify>But President Chavez hardly stopped there. It may be the vast amo
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Got milk? - Tamara Scott-Williams

So Chavez got too little of that precious commodity of the "breast", hence he can smell the devil;Delano Franklin got too much (so he talks crap).

Now Tamara, do you think Bush got too much or too little of the "breast". Right about now, he needs a great boops in his face!!
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

RE: Got milk? - Tamara Scott-Williams

Dr. Eva Lewis-Fuller is also a schoolmate of mine.
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
      X