Manning Cup final on CVM - sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning Cup final on CVM - sucks!

Here watching the Manning Cup final on CVM. I think Jawge is onto something when he says that schoolboy football is mashing up our football. The display has been downright atrocious. What has made our schoolboy football sink to such levels?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

brilliant goal for jc... however, where are the people, the students supporting their teams... the stadium is empty...

manning cup has lost its allure... sadly
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

jc/bridgeport level at the half... i did not see the bridgeport goal but the jc goal was brilliantly executed...

Comment

Allure?! How about "quality"? If even one could say that schoolboy football back in the day was not as good as we think it was, what was beyond dispute was the fact that we had dribblers. What does today's teams have? There are no dribblers in the form of a Sweetie Smith or a Lenny Hyde; the passing games sucks; the shooting is abysmal. Aaaaaargh!

And I think there was much more to the teams of the 70s and 80s than dribbling. Lenny's CC team was a passing juggernaut and I can remember the quality sides from Camperdown, Dinthill, Georges and some others.

Somebody needs to rescue schoolboy football.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

congratulations to jc... for real mosiah... the quality is surely lacking... i think coaching has a lot to do with it... no organization from both teams... the passing was poor...

sorry but from what i have seen these teams could not play the teams from the 70s when i believe manning cup / dacosta cup were of the highest quality...

i think something needs to be done... perhaps, there are too many teams competing, diluting the quality...

Comment

Bradley Stewart was at the DCup semi-finals between Cornwall and Glenmuir at Jarrett Park along with the head coach of the University of Cinncinatti who is a Jamaican- forgot his name.

There were also two coaches the Coastal Carolina scouting.

I had heard Bradley say earlier in the season that daCosta Cup football has for a long time been better all around than the Manning Cup.

I asked him about it yesterday and he said his presence at the DCup semi-final with the coach was evidence of his belief.

He did say however that the JC team looks very good in their build up when he saw them a few times.

I think however that we cant use finals to judge teams, especially at the schoolboys' level. It is my belief that while they can gain respect in a final they cant lose it by their play.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Hylton Dayes is the head coach at Cincinatti.

JC did look good in their build up from time to time, but...I have seen them and other schools and there is no doubt in my mind - we have not progressed. Indeed, if we are expecting 17 year olds to appear more regularly in the premier league, dem not coming from dese schools!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Now if just Munro...????
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How many were at the match?
                  Peter R

Comment

Working...
                  X