Garvey Maceo double champs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garvey Maceo double champs

Well done Jeffrey Hewitt another coaching star on the rise...good youth who I have developed a good working relationship with over the past few years...

Wasn't sure who to cheer for, Glenmuir and Jackie Walters with the Mannings man or the fresh new kds onb the block.

I have heard a few neutrals say they dont want Glenmuir to win because of the hatred for the headmaster.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

I wanted Garvey to win. I still can't get over the fact that Munro let Glenmuir back in that game. If Glenmuir had won, Munro would be saying "it could have been us". Better Garvey win and done!

I thought the football was marginally better than the Manning Cup game. But overall, I am very disappointed in the standard. I would have been a big star if I played today.

The Garvey coach is articulate, giving sensible interviews every time I hear him. Compare to Jackie Walters - "Is a matter of not putting away the chances, as simple as dat." No, it wasn't that simple. Garvey was certainly in the game.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And I can imagine how Cornwall feels. They must be thinking that they should be lifting the DCup now, having beaten Garvey 2-0!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

There was actually a time late on the last day of the quarterfinals when both Glenmuir and Garvey were on the verge of going out.

Munro led Glenmuir 2-0 and Manchester had Garvey Maceo on the ropes...both escaped and in my mind the best two teams (that i saw anyways) made it to the finals.

Dean's handling of the Cornwall team this season underlined in my mind he is the best schoolboys coach in the island...this Cornwall team was not that good, two good players Campbell and Hall and a bunch of (robots?) players who are smart and could play to instructions most of the time.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

I agree. Dean is probably the best schoolboy coach. Following close behind could be Gilchrist of Munro, who was Dean's understudy at one time. They both did wonders with what I thought were two very average teams. Not that Glenmuir and Garvey really impressed. But when you think of all the "nationals" on Glenmuir's team, up to the U-23 level, I think we are in a bad state.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is surprising that Dean cannot carry this coaching form to the higher level of the international game. He was woeful with that under-20 side.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
            X