United back in for Diar****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United back in for Diar****

<P class=big>Manchester United have not given up on the hope that they could still sign Mahamadou Diarra.

The Lyon midfielder has long been considered to be one of Sir Alex Ferguson's top transfer targets but the French champions have been determined to hang onto their imposing influence.

French sources claim United have secretly tabled an official bid this week for the highly-rated Mali international, who has impressed at UEFA Champions League level for the Stade Gerland outfit.

Real Madrid remain favourites to snare Diarra and their willingness to splash out around €20 million (£13.5 million) will severely test Lyon's resolve. Coach Fabio Capello wants the former Vitesse Arnhem star to come to Spain and Real would be able to compete in a head-to-head battle with United should l'OL agree to sell the player.

Ferguson's renewed interest in the 25-year-old could explain why the Old Trafford club's move for Villarreal's Marcos Senna has still to be processed.

Although the Yellow Submarines appear willing to sell the Spain international,a deal has not been finalised which has led to the belief that United are waiting on other targets before committing to a transfer. Indeed, Ferguson suggested as much last week.

"We are looking at some other players at this moment in time and I think something will happen next week," Ferguson said ahead of the Amsterdam Tournament last Friday.

"There is interest in Senna but there is interest in other players as well."

Diarra has been on the wanted list at United since impressing against The Red Devils in the Champions League but Real will provide fierce competition for his signature if Lyon do eventually give the green light to a sale, despite theFrench champions'official statements claiming the African star is staying put.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: United back in for Diar****

<P class=big>Manchester United target Marcos Senna is unconcerned that his proposed move has still not happened.

Villarreal have been locked in talks with United for some time now over a transfer for the Spanish international.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed his interest in Senna and is keen to bring him to Old Trafford.

However, the move has yet to happen as both clubs haggle over the fee for the 30-year-old.

Senna is not worried about the delay and is just waiting for things to progress.

"The situation does not worry me, I am very contented at Villarreal, so whatever happens with Manchester I will be well," Senna told AS.

"The only thing I can say is that my representative continues speaking with them (United).

"Hopefully an agreement can be reached that could see me go to Manchester, but it would be no misfortune if I don't.

"This is my home. I have been here for some years and if I had to remain it would make me happy.

"In addition the club has opened the doors to me at all moments

"The only thing I want to do is train well. At the moment I do not think about anything else.

"One thing is clear is that I have one year left on my contract and my head only thinks of Villarreal.

"I am very calm because of the team I have."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

RE: United back in for Diar****

Why mi get the impression the season will start and we don't have a defensive midfielder? ManU grabbing after everybody and somehow not capturing anybody.

Want all ... lose all.

Comment

Working...
      X