X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Terry new England Captain

one more for Chelsea

RE: John Terry new England Captain

<H1>John Terry named England captain</H1><SPAN class=newsdate>Thursday, Aug 10, 2006</SPAN> <DIV class=storypicture></DIV><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>Steve McClaren today named <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Chelsea</st1:City> captain John Terry as his <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">England</st1lace></st1:country-region> captain.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>The new England Head Coach also confirmed that <st1lace w:st="on">Liverpool</st1lace> skipper Steven Gerrard will be vice-captain.<o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>Steve McClaren said: "Choosing a captain is one of the most important decisions a coach has to make. I'm certain I've got the right man in John Terry. I'm convinced he will prove to be one of the best captains <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">England</st1lace></st1:country-region> has ever had.<o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>"John has all the attributes an international captain needs: leadership, authority, courage, ability, tactical awareness and a total refusal to accept second-best. He has been an inspiration for <st1:City w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Chelsea</st1lace></st1:City> and is at his best in adversity. <o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>"Over the five years I've been involved with the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">England</st1lace></st1:country-region> coaching set-up I've seen first hand the respect that John has among his fellow players. There are a number of strong leaders in the squad and he will not lack support on and off the pitch. <o></o></SPAN> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>"Steven Gerrard was a strong candidate for the captaincy and he will be my vice-captain. He is an outstanding player and another superb club skipper who also leads by example. <o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>"I told Steven when I spoke to him today that I'm sure he will also get the chance to lead his country while I'm Head Coach."<o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>John Terry said: "It is the ultimate honour to be the captain of your country and I am very proud to be given this great opportunity. It is an incredible challenge and one I am looking forward to very much."<o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB><o></o></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-GB>Steven Gerrard said: "I would like to congratulate John on being appointed <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">England</st1lace></st1:country-region> captain. I'm sure he'll do a great job. He's a tremendous leader for <st1:City w:st="on"><st1lace

Comment

over Sttevie G? I wonder why?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

John Terry is the New England Captain?

When did he move to the Revs??

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

I believe either he or Gerard would have been a good choice. I wish him well.
          "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Working...
          X