• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British aircraft plot uncovered

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0810/dailyUpdate.html

RE: British aircraft plot uncovered

and the cow jumped over the moon
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

This one will make aircraft travel a pain...no laptop...no liquids....only passport, ticket and boarding pass.....

Comment

I always travel with house keys and car keys...and both have the automatic openner/disarmer for alarm. I wonder if I will told I cannot take them back for with me?

Damn!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Jamaica tightens airport security</SPAN>
          <SPAN class=Subheadline>. Joins other ports in banning liquids from carry-on luggage</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>INGRID BROWN, Observer staff reporter
          Friday, August 11, 2006
          </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
          <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=353 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>A security officer searches the luggage of a passenger at the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston yesterday. Tighter security measures were implemented at the island's international airports yesterday in wake of a foiled terror plot in London. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>PASSENGERS travelling from Jamaica's two international airports in Kingston and Montego Bay were yesterday subjected to extensive security checks, and were asked to remove liquids and several other items from carry-on luggage, as the country implemented new security measures in wake of a foiled terror plot in London.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The terror plot, which was uncovered early yesterday morning in Britain, and which was reportedly aimed at airlines flying from Britain to the United States, took its toll on Jamaican passengers, with manyunaware of the changes asked to remove personal items such as lotion, perfume and toothpaste from their handbags and carry-on luggage on arrival at the airport.<P class=StoryText align=justify>At the Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston, the Jamaican capital, one woman mused about having to remove even a lipstick from her handbag.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I can't believe they even asked me to remove my lipstick," she said, more in amusement than anger.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=135 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>HALL. passengers will not be allowed to take liquids beyond the screening checkpoint </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Paul Hall, senior vice-president of operations at the Airports Authority of Jamaica (AAJ), told the Observer yesterday that passengers would not be allowed to take liquids beyond the screening checkpoint.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He said while Jamaica had not yet restricted the carry on of hand luggage like its counterparts in Britain, passengers must check in non-prescription medication, alcohol, gels, shampoo, suntan lotion, toothpaste, among other items.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"The only liquid that will be allowed to be taken beyond the screening point is baby formula, breast milk or juice if the person is travelling with an infant or if you have prescription medication (with the passenger's name)," Hall said.
          However, he said persons with small children who were bringing on items such as baby formula and juices should be prepared to have them thoroughly checked.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He said persons who had already packed the prohibited items in their carry-on luggage would be required to either check them in, dump or give them away.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"If they purchase water or liquor or anything in the departure lounge, they will have to consume it there because they won't be able to take it out," said the AAJ vice-president.
          Meanwhile, Hall said liquor from in-bond stores would not be given to passengers to take onboard, but would be transported directly to the aircraft.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Right now for Air Jamaica in particular, when you buy your in-bond liquor it will be checked at the delivery de
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Kinda odd...Air Jamaica reknowned as the ganja airline refusing passengers with lipstick. What is the high risk from Jamaica? Are we just copycats?

Comment

Working...
            X