Admin folk, pls explain why...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin folk, pls explain why...

..I dont see my artcile I posted earlier on the terrorist plots on UK flights?

RE: Admin folk, pls explain why...

Exile (8/10/2006)..I dont see my artcile I posted earlier on the terrorist plots on UK flights?
    The editor/moderator decided to help you out andmoved the article to the appropriate forum - The Everything Jamaica Forum.

That is the forum wherediscussions on all things of interest to Jamaica andor affects Jamaica excepting things specific to the other named forums are placed/should be placed.

Thank you for the post, boss! That is some serious going-ons!

Respect!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

hmm...without even such as note...ok then...so we now have to post on a number of these things and read all of them to get info? Think I'll have to stick to Google news...Karl, I think we are making this too complicated than necessary...why have a hundred different sources for info...when what we had was a one-stop shop???? This de-centralization needs a re-think.

Comment

Exile (8/10/2006)hmm...without even such as note...ok then...so we now have to post on a number of these things and read all of them to get info? Think I'll have to stick to Google news...Karl, I think we are making this too complicated than necessary...why have a hundred different sources for info...when what we had was a one-stop shop???? This de-centralization needs a re-think.
        Exile, the attempt is to satisfy the wished of many. Many visitors inform us that they visit the site to talk football, but most of the times the site is inundated with non-football postings. We tried to satisfy everybody by giving folks thespace to post non-football discussions, but reserve the main forum for the football purists. We are trying to cater to both sides of the forum.

Hope yuh understaan'.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I understand you point....but also I think the RBz forum provided something EXTRA that other sites didn't have. It was a UNIQUE-NESS that we and and I think we'll lose if we become a typical House & Garden forum...I visited, not only for football but I got news items up to the minute, posters perspectives etc. etc..., hey, even althouh the politics ws at times overbearing, it ws what made the site unique....a potpourie of Jamaicaness.....all power to you, and I appreciate the steps you are taking but sometimes there's no need to fix what isn't broken.

Comment

I am sorry about the "not even a note".

Kindly accept our apologies. We erred!

I think the various forums which we all see at a glance (the headings) when we log-on to the site will work well for all of us. It has been found that there is much 'tek a preeps from our international friends (i.e. visitors from other nationalities) who on the old forum took 'a one lick' and 'an run'. The thinking was they had to wade through too many non-football related topics to get to the 'meat' of what this site was originally created - i.e football!

We, therefore, said let us continue to provide the service that the Massive has come to enjoy i.e. ability to discuss just about any topic under the sun, and put upfootball specific forum - reggaeboyzsc.com discussion forum. Let us step into the world's marketplace and put out 'football specific forum' on the shelf.

I think you will agree we (You, me...the entire Massive) need to 'step out' andhopefully 'step up' in terms of visitor count. Theworld needs to hear more about JaMekan ball!

FORWARD!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I have also visited many forums (eg Bigsoccer) and they categorize stuff so much that it is a turn off. Just imagine if you had to post CONCACAF related posts under COCACAF etc?

The whole uniqueness thing has worn off for many. Many people are being turned away and we had to do something. This forum has the capability to allow us to cater to both types of posters. Instead of deleting non-football posts, it gets moved to a place where if you want to read it, they are only a couple clicks away. We had certain limitations over the years which tend to "mek we haffi do everything inna one room". We now have a bigger house where we can spread our wings and allow everyone to have their space.

As HL said, change is good. Not because we spent years doing things one way, we should not try to improve upon it.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
              X