Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach appointed - Jamaica Star

http://reggaeboyzsc.com/articles.asp...amp;category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Coach appointed - Jamaica Star

this is the MOTHER of all recycling!! this is cb's ..what..5th stint?!!! this also seems to suggest that this is the best we can do!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Here is Browns’ Record – 2001 to 2004.

Brown takes up the reigns with Peter Cargill after the ignominious firing of Clovis D’Oliviera

11-NOV-01 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Costa Rica 0:1 (0:1)

07-OCT-01 FOXBORO (USA) USA vs. Jamaica 2:1 (1:1)

After a six (6) months break Brown assembles team to play USA and Nigeria. Important to note that term “Grab-A-Team” was coined as team met approximately two days before USA match in New Jersey, USA. No preparatory work with team was possible. After the two matches team disbanded.

18-MAY-02 LONDON (England) Nigeria vs. Jamaica 1:0 (0:0)

16-MAY-02 EAST RUtheRFORD (USA) USA vs. Jamaica 5:0 (1:0)

Team reassembled for matches from August 2002 onwards! A new record is created by Carl Brown’s Reggae Boyz – A ten (10) match unbeaten run is established. Of note is the commendable feat of playing and creating that record on away grounds! A record unmatched by any other coach of the REGGAE BOYZ

20-NOV-02 LAGOS (Nigeria) Nigeria vs. Jamaica 0:0

13-NOV-02 ST. GEORGE'S (Grenada) Grenada vs. Jamaica 1:4 (0:2)

11-NOV-02 ST. GEORGE'S (Grenada) Jamaica vs. Western Samoa 2:0 (0:0)

09-NOV-02 ST. GEORGE'S (Grenada) Barbados vs. Jamaica 1:1 (0:0)

30-OCT-02 GUATEMALA CITY (Guatemala) Guatemala vs. Jamaica 1:1 (0:0)

16-OCT-02 TOKYO (Japan) Japan vs. Jamaica 1:1 (1:0)

01-SEP-02 WOLVERHAMPTON (England) India vs. Jamaica 0:0

29-AUG-02 WATFORD (England) India vs. Jamaica 0:3 (0:1)

11-AUG-02 VIEUX FORT (St. Lucia) St. Lucia vs. Jamaica 1:3 (1:0)

02-AUG-02 ST. GEORGE'S (Grenada) Grenada vs. Jamaica 0:1 (0:1)

Period Jan. 2003 – Dec. 2003. Commendable performances as TEAM building continues

16-NOV-03 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. El Salvador 3:0 (1:0)

12-OCT-03 LEICESTER (England) Brazil vs. Jamaica 1:0 (1:0)

07-SEP-03 READING (England) Australia vs. Jamaica 2:1 (1:1)

20-JUL-03 MEXICO CITY (Mexico) Mexico vs. Jamaica 5:0 (2:0)

15-JUL-03 MIAMI (USA) Guatemala vs. Jamaica 0:2 (0:1)

13-JUL-03 MIAMI (USA) Jamaica vs. Colombia 0:1 (0:1)

09-JUL-03 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Paraguay 2:0 (2:0)

06-JUL-03 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Cuba 1:2 (0:2)

25-MAY-03 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Nigeria 3:2 (2:0)

30-APR-03 CAPE TOWN (South Africa) South Africa vs. Jamaica 0:0

02-APR-03 CARACAS (Venezuela) Venezuela vs. Jamaica 2:0 (2:0)

30-MARS-03 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Haiti 3:0 (1:0)

28-MARS-03 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Martinique vs. Jamaica 2:2 (1:0)

26-MARS-03 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. St. Lucia 5:0 (3:0)

23-MARS-03 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Barbados 2:1 (1:0)

13-MARS-03 HAVANA (Cuba) Cuba vs. Jamaica 1:0 (0:0)

11-MARS-03 HAVANA (Cuba) Cuba vs. Jamaica 0:0

12-FEB-03 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. USA 1:2 (0:2)

12-JAN-03 BRIDGETOWN (Barbados) Barbados vs. Jamaica 1:0 (0:0)

Another winning period. A period which includes the biggest and most important of all wins – World Cup 2006 Qualifiers vs. Haiti

20-JUN-04 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Haiti 3:0 (3:0)

12-JUN-04 ORANGE BOWL (USA) Haiti vs. Jamaica 1:1 (0:1)

02-JUN-04 CHARLTON (England) Ireland Republic vs. Jamaica 1:0 (1:0)

31-MAY-04 CHARLTON (England) Nigeria vs. Jamaica 2:0 (1:0)

28-APR-04 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Venezuela 2:1 (2:1)

31-MARS-04 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Honduras 2:2 (1:0)

18-FEB-04 KINGSTON (Jamaica) Jamaica vs. Uruguay 2:0 (1:0)

Carl Brown has proven that he has been a winner in every period excepting during the disorganized early days following Clovis D’Oliviera’s firing, the “Garb-A-Team” period and during the Gold Cup tournament.

In the Gold Cup there were two losses. One was a hard fought 0
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Worst thing coulda happen to Jamaican football, whether in the short or medium term.

CB got a break and he needed to continue what he was doing.

the same man is the european coach, and now experienced international coach.

So what the hell happen to the interviews them that them do last week?

Let me stop, Jamaican football is a damn joke.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

gamma (8/10/2006)this is the MOTHER of all recycling!! this is cb's ..what..5th stint?!!! this also seems to suggest that this is the best we can do!
          Yet Marlon King's belief then - Reggae Boyz and Nottingham Forrest player Marlon King: “On our day we can beat any team in the world!”

...and, the recentcomments...including those ofJFF President Boxhill.

Comment

They should not make things up in the article. just a quote

'Carl Brown is a server of the people of football. He is an honest human being who wants to serve his country,' he said. 'His mission is developing players and seeing them become better than they were before.'

Under Carl Brown yuh always read of some new player comming to play for JA. Darren byfield , trevor benjamin the list just goes on.........

Comment

naminirt (8/10/2006)They should not make things up in the article. just a quote

'Carl Brown is a server of the people of football. He is an honest human being who wants to serve his country,' he said. 'His mission is developing players and seeing them become better than they were before.'

Under Carl Brown yuh always read of some new player comming to play for JA. Darren byfield , trevor benjamin the list just goes on.........

...and on and on...

Garfield Reid, Luton Sheton, Robert Scarlett, Damion Stewart...and on and on and on...(...from the top of my head. I hope I am correct with all the names. I am sure I have left out many.)

Comment

thier wee more foreign that local and shelton did not figure in the until WD take ova. Again under carl brown you all had more imports jason euell ,kevin lisbe,jamal campbell ryce, he tried to get rohan ricketts, and micheal ricketts the list goes on ..........

Comment

naminirt (8/10/2006)thier wee more foreign that local and shelton did not figure in the until WD take ova. Again under carl brown you all had more imports jason euell ,kevin lisbe,jamal campbell ryce, he tried to get rohan ricketts, and micheal ricketts the list goes on ..........
                  Why you so concerned boss? Yuh nuh just pick up 2-0 from a team yesterday?
                  President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

I have no issues with Carl Brown being a part of the national setup. In fact, I dont have a problem with him being an assistant national senior team coach, as long as he is not serving as national Technical Director. :w00t:

I believe CB's return is a pre-cursor, and a neccesray ingredientto us getting a qualified international coach to take our football forward. I dont believe the likss of Peckerman or Fop De Hana etc would honestly want to come to Jamaica and have to do the job without someone knowledgeable about the local football landscape.

What the JFF needs to do is ensure CB knows what his role is...and ensure that he is comfortable working in that capacity.

Something tells me that CB has the players respect more than Wendell Downswell.

And I'd stuill love to see the JFF resign to.
                    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

naminirt (8/10/2006)thier wee more foreign that local and shelton did not figure in the until WD take ova. Again under carl brown you all had more imports jason euell ,kevin lisbe,jamal campbell ryce, he tried to get rohan ricketts, and micheal ricketts the list goes on ..........
                      Let's say you are right on Shelton...what about the others I left off? It would appear you know who they are? Right?

Comment

triniman

get a grip with your inferiority complex brethren you need to go do some research so your posts may be taken seriously

Comment

Carl Brown's biggest problem - not selecting Maestro. Would love to see how he is going to handle it now.

Him buss all kinda people, but the one most deserving of a buss, him shun.

Makes you wonder.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

haul yuh ... what eva carl brown wa a ub40 man but who carwe i hope he leads you all to destruction

Comment

who are they corneal chin sue -- no where to be seen marco mac donald not where to be seen. these guys just get a little ting boss carl brown was running down englsih players.. I even left off some UB40

Comment

Working...
                              X