Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On economics and how it relates to

Ja:

I selected this book (Theory of games and economic behavior by Von Neumann and Morgenstern), the book in itself has been an eye opener for
    me. Why an eye opener? Seeing that I'm no expert nor authority in the field of economics; I always thought economic behaviour was at best unpredictable. Unpredictable due to its many variables which in itself weren't linear.

Von Neumann et al has shown me that yes there can be non linearity but
    within a closed system. What causes this closed system? Laws, public policies and regulations by government. These dictate how the economics
    of a nation would turn out. In today's society we may extend it to the global economy.

Based on the above; attempts can be made to show the behaviour of the economics of the island nation of Ja. The book is vast and I must confess that I did not finish it (have some way to go). On completion I will confidently march to this site and show why the present govt. is on a path to alienate and consequently doom the island in the info age.

Stange ... Manley depreciated our economy by 25% and to this day you think he was the best. Reading is one thing ... understanding ....
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, what did I tell you? Don't use yourself
      as benchmark for others. Now let's examine your rant: Did Manley singlehandedly depreciate Ja's economy or did it happen whilst he was PM? What were the factors that led to this depreciation?

Lazie these matters aren't hand waving matters. You don't seem to see the dire position of Ja based on the present policies being implemented (relative to the info age).

Manley on the other hand was ahead of his time. Had it not for naivety in
      the field of regional politics, Ja would be the wonder of the caribbean.

Comment

Jawge.... you think you are well dressed but in reality you are as naked as the day you were born.

Your argument is not based on critical thought.. if it was, your sorry a$$ would have been on this 'track' YEARS ago.

Talk to Paulwell about the 'info age'.. while you are chatting ask him where the INTECH money deh.. also ask him why wi cyaan find nuh space in Kingston fi expand off-shore/near-shore services.. also verify the rumor that a leading Industry player think the heart outputs are a joke and has to retrain them, also query why finding people that can talk proper english is challenging...

Meantime.. put on some clothes please.. man-horse physiology is freaking out the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          Lazie, what did I tell you? Don't use yourself
          as benchmark for others. Now let's examine your rant: Did Manley singlehandedly depreciate Ja's economy or did it happen whilst he was PM? What were the factors that led to this depreciation?

Lazie these matters aren't hand waving matters. You don't seem to see the dire position of Ja based on the present policies being implemented (relative to the info age).

Manley on the other hand was ahead of his time. Had it not for naivety in
          the field of regional politics, Ja would be the wonder of the caribbean.
          Lets see ... chasing out those with entrepreneurial capital bout, ".. 5 flights a day to Miami!" Yet you still asking if it was Manley? You'd be better off posting some pictures.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie say excuse and come back later as
            you have very little contribute here.

Comment

Ben to ascend this cliff you have to use the
              path beaten out by the book. Did you read the book Ben?

Comment

200,000 people have moved from Venezuela to Panama recently.. in one month alone there was a jump of 43 Thousand new cars ordered.

The PNP 70's and 90's policies has singlehandily setback the Jamaica economy decades and yuh brazen enough to come in here and chat bout gloom and doom under current policies and info age...

Is a b1tchslap you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                  Lazie say excuse and come back later as
                  you have very little contribute here.
                  Yuh right. Fi one you claim you're going to show how this gov't policy is going to alienate us in the info age. Yeah right. The same way you're going to post a thesis on Garvey?

Yuh need to enter a beauty pagent because you seem to love the spotlight. Statisical data proved that your god manley wreaked our economy. Until you come to grips wid that ... leave economics alone.

Comment

Send mi di book.. hopefully is heavy enough suh when I box you cross yuh headback it can knock some sense into yuh.

Comment

Again; Ben did you read the book?
                      Even the first chapter.

Comment

So you wouldn't pay money for this book?
                        Very interesting.

Comment

Too busy working on info, energy and substainable development policy for the new government...

Check mi next year bout yuh book..

Comment

You are working in vain. Let me ask you this:
                            Where would the US be today had it not introduced the civil rights bill in 1964? Prior to the civil rights bill, was the US operating on laws dating to the 17th century?

Comment

Send me your recommendations and I will run it by some folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X