Foolish ISSA decision regarding Ben Francis cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foolish ISSA decision regarding Ben Francis cup

Issa is making decision which is not conductive to progress of our young players. We should not base success on past but present. The decision to choose teams from certain groups based on last year result is wrong . Can you imagine if I decided as a coach to get a good team together from a zone that did not make it big last year but because of some constructive decision we are one of the better teams in the whole competitions..Would you like to be prevented from taking part in the competition.

How could Boxhill and his team not see this decision as bad for the progress of our youth football?

RE: Foolish ISSA decision regarding Ben Francis cup

<DIV>Can you suggest another way to go about it?</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I don't have a problem with it, and it's not because Munro drew a bye. Munro was not even supposed to win the group!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Period it should be the top 2 teams from each zone or the top team from each zone..

Comment

<DIV>The Ben Francis teams are the winners of each the 12 zones in the D-Cup. You can't have a straight knockout with such numbers, so some teams are given byes to the next round. (Knockout competitions need 32, 16, 8, or 4 teams, as 12 won't work.)</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So, ISSA, or whoever organises the competition, gave byes to the zones that made the semis last year, or the top 4 zones received byes, leaving eight teams to play in the quarterfinals.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I see nothing wrong with this format. How else are you going to determine strength of a zone? Yes, we could do like FIFA and base it on how they have performed over the last 4 years, but why bother?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No Sense.... erm No Mercy I see you are making an auspicious start to your Forum career, if you are new that is.

From your first post I will assume you are a western person or even a daCosta Cup Zone A person and thought William Knibb getting a bye would suit you. Unless you are a Herbert Morrison fan and wanted them in the Ben Francis as well.

As Mosiah said, what are your suggestions to make it better, given the time frame in which ISSA has to work to ensure all schoolboys football is finishe dby mid December.

See it is all well and good to criticise but do yopu know all the parametres?

Oh BTW are you aware that this is only the third year that the Ben farncis KO is being palyed with more than four schools, the semi-fdinalists from the DCup?

Two years ago they took a suggestion from a column I wrote then in the Gleaner to expand it to eight teams so the same four schools dont keep meeting each other in the end of the competitions and also to make it more inclusive with eight teams and giving four more teams who might have juist failed to make it to the semis to have a chancce of winning a Cup.

Last year they added four more schools to make it 12.

Just a little bit of history lesson for you.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Why is the same school making it to final?

Could it be that they are doing sometime better than the ones that are not making it or maybe they have referees who always make bad calls in favour of these teams.

Comment

OK NoSense, you need to put down the bad weed or whatever it is you have been smoking and think a bit, let me give you an assignment. Since ISSA increased the number of teams in the Ben Francis KO, find out how many schools have won the double.

The more I read your innane rantings the more I am convinced you might be from Trelawny, people there have been trying for years to blame referees and even Steve Bucknor for their schoolboys football failures.

I hope for the sake of the youths coming through you dont have any acces to any schoolboys football bench as i am afraid you might poison their minds with your bile and foolishness, talking about referees favouring one team over the next.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
              X