Rene Simoes interested in returning to Reggae Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rene Simoes interested in returning to Reggae Boyz

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=news_postinfo><DIV>Thu Aug 10, 2006</DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_byline></TD></TR><TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 9px"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_summary><TABLE cellPadding=0 align=left><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=news_imagecaption>Rene Simoes.</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD class=news_summary>As the nation awaits the appointment of a new technical director of Jamaica's football, Rene Simoes, who directed Jamaica to a historic World Cup in 1998 has expressed to RJR Sports in an exclusive interview on Thursday, a real interest to direct the Reggae Boyz’s campaign in January, but he is awaiting official word from the JFF.

<SPAN class=news_body>Simoes, who turns 56 in December, also managed Brazil's national women's team to a gold medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics, and he is now with the Iran under-23 team.

Simoes, who also had a stint with the Trinidad and Tobago Soca Warriors is set to be offered by the Iran FA a contract extension until the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

However speaking with RJR Sports from Iran, Simoes says money will not be the deciding factor in choosing between the Asians or the Reggae Boyz should he be offered the job.

Simoes contract with Iran's under-23 squad ends in December, but he believes some pre-contract arrangement could be set.
    </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: Rene Simoes interested in returning to Reggae Boyz

I know RF, Jawge, X and others will be happy to hear about this. We continue to recycle. I wonder if he can bring us the success he brought us in 1998? I get this funny feeling that it may not necessarily be the best thing to bring in a Simoes now. As they say, lightening does not strike the same place twice. . .
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla (8/13/2006)I know RF, Jawge, X and others will be happy to hear about this. We continue to recycle. I wonder if he can bring us the success he brought us in 1998? .
      Rene Simoes is more than just a coach in my mind, he is football administrator and good motivator. I would select Simoes over John Barnes any day, simply because simoes has had more experoence coaching at both club and international levels, and appears t be good also with young footballers....he was the man at the helm when all 3 of our national age group teams played in various world cup finals. Barnes in my mind needs more coaching experience, both at club and international levels.
      President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

But a wha Tilla a talk bout? How many times has Zagallo been the head coach of Brazil? How many times has Parriera done the same? You talk about recycling coaches as if Simoes is some pia-pia coach.

Todate, Simoes has been our most successful coach, so why should there be any doubt to him repeating it?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Tilla,Michael must finish the roof of the Cistine chapel

Watch the movie the Agony and the Ecstacy and you will see what I'm talking about. The Prof will lead us to the second round.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">

Comment

Have to agree with you.

Comment

Mario Zagallo was arare man. He was a TEAM player. He was once the top man...but, worked beautifully and faithfully serving other top men. He was always TEAM. Is Simoes such a man?

...and, as it relates to Simoes, most importantly can Boxhill be a TEAM player and stiffle his ego. Remember he went after Burrell once he had control...and, blamed Burrell even if the JFF offices ran out of toilet paper.

It will be almost impossible foras the media reports suggest that heforgets Simoes thought him incompetent.

Ofcouse the other side of the coin is personal - Would I hire someonewho has no respect forme. Someone who is convinced I am incompetent and went so far as to have me removed from a working environment in which we bothwould have had to work together? I think I would not hire such a person. I can just see myself wasting extra valuable working time convincing that personthat my policies are sound and my policy directions must be followed. I do not see myself taking the risk that that person's thought of me could undermind what I am attempting to achieve.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, yuh right. We need to get rid of clueless creston. As a matter of fact, if Pekerman, the dutch man or anyone else should take the position, they too will eventually realize that creston is incompetent.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Karl read this because it's the same thing

I'm talking about, when I speak of our inablity to adjust to modern times. BTW every student should have to take at least one class from this professor at UWI. If not they should not be allowed to graduate.

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">AS A child we played a game called stuck in the mud. When you are stuck in the mud, you can't move forward or backward. What is your life experience? Are you stuck in the mud of life? I invite you to step out from this space in which you find yourself and to move into a new place!</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">CHANGE YOUR LABEL</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> <o></o></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The story is told of a woman with disability who was not making any progress in life. She went to see a counsellor who pointed out to her that she needed to stop wearing long, awkward-looking dresses to hide her disabled leg. The lady decided to change her label. She started to wear shorter dresses. People started to perceive her as being courageous, despite the fact that she had a deformed leg. She started to make more friends and eventually met a man who admired her for courage and grace. <o></o></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">What is your label? Labels are the way we portray ourselves. How do you portray yourself? Do you portray yourself as a victim or a survivor? Do you see yourself as a sufferer? Do you see yourself as helpless? Are you finding yourself in an abusive relationship and incapable of stepping out? Do you see yourself as a poor thing? Maybe you need to change these labels and step out of that place! <o></o></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">STOP THE PITY PARTY</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> <o></o></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Many persons enjoy throwing a pity party. They are always complaining and whining. They live every day for the rainy days, and are never able to enjoy the sunny days in their lives. People do not want to hear all that is bad and sad in your life. Take action today and stop the complaining. Take time to count your blessings and start sharing the blessings. <o></o></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">START REFRAMING</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> <o></o></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">A lady was asked to look at a glass with water. Her immediate response was the glass is half empty. She started to complain about life being hard and harsh. As she complained, she became more depressed. Another lady looking at the glass commented that the glass was half full. In seeing the glass half full, this lady started to thank the Lord for her blessings. Life could have been worse. "I have some water to drink," she remarked. She saw the hope and the possibility. <o></o></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The second lady in seeing the glass as being half full was reframing her experience. We need to do more reframing in our daily lives. We need to stop the catastrophic thinking and begin to focus on the possibilities and the hope in our lives. Start reframing today. <o></o></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Remember, if you keep on doing what you've always done, you are going to get what you've always got. Today, step out of this place, move into a new place. <o></o>

Comment

Working...
                  X