Pinic 2006 a resounding success!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinic 2006 a resounding success!!!!

It was worth giving up free tickets to watch the G.O.A.T. yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Big thanks to Scaly and all who were involved in the planning. I can't wait for next year. As usual it's good to put a face to the posters here. Never judge a poster by his posts. We have some very well educated and intelligent posters here that bely their physical appearances.

The food was very good, a bit cold but very tasty. Compliments to the chef.:satisfied:

The game was very entertaining. It was one filled with great technical and tactical abilities by both teams. Although the selection of the teams by Mr. Scaly (chief organizer) left one to wonder. In fact, the authorities have been forced to launch an investigation into Mr. Scaly's personal finances. Watch this space......

<U>Team A</U> comprised of : Scaly, Mosiah, Emperor, X (Onandi Lowe), Frequent Visitor (Mr. Anonymous- A regular starter for EPL's Liverpool - totally unfair) and goalie (Mr. Anonymous' son).

<U>Team B </U>comprised of: Jangle (last competitve game was last year's picnic), Karl (Mr. Geriatric himself), Assasin (Admiral Bailey's inspiration for "Big Belly Man"), Plush (the young man played excellently with his one prostetic leg), PeeJay (the supersub)and Teaspoon (yup dat's his name).

The game started at a very brisk pace, with <U>Team B</U> making numerous raids and incisive runs into Team A's defence. After squandering at least six clear-cut chances of scoring and humiliating Team A, Team B was rudely slapped awaken by Father Time when they went one behind, against the run-of-play, with 1:30 on the clock. Team B was a spent force by the second minute of the game. With a display of unsportsmanlike conduct, Team A showed scant respect for their elderly opponents and went at them like sharks in a feeding frenzy. It was a horrible and pathetic display of the strong taking advantage of the weak.

With Scaly and Mr. Anonymous playing some scintilating one-touch passing, and Emperor's darting runs down the left wing, Mosiah's Hueman control of the midfield spraying passes at will, it was a wonder the teams went into halftime with just a 1 nil scoreline. That was thanks to Jangle's unhumanlike reflexes as he was like an octupus in the goal.

Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

RE: Pinic 2006 a resounding success!!!!

Glad to know, I was home nursing that old

football injury (sprain ligament, which had kept me from work for six weeks in 04) I tell people in the salt mine that I can now predict the weather. My foot was killing mesince yesterday, couldn't walk. Didn't bother going to the doctor (my second year experiencing this thing). Glad fi know say unnuh enjoy unnuh self. Mi family so big up here dat mi could easily bring a side wid mi :P mi nuh waan too show up nuh baddy so mi mek it run. Mo, karl x, and other of the massivehold tight

Comment

Couldn't mek it this year at all. Banged up mi non shooting foot a few weeks ago, and mi likkle toe swell up like a breadfruit.inch:
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Big up Jangles.

We a go practise the 1-2 fi them next time around
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It was nice to see the Football family on Saturday.

Karl and Mosiah hope you journeyed back safely to your destinations.

Why T.K. never come? HL -I know is busy running the UPS ship, but I thought brown would have delivered him. Wha happen to the slogan "what can brown do for you?"

One Love!
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
          X