We just don't shake hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We just don't shake hands

<DIV id=articleHead><H2>YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!!</H2><H2>Rafa plays down Jose rift</H2><DIV class=subarticleHead>By Simon Fudge - Created on 14 Aug 2006</DIV></DIV><DIV class=NewsTeaser>

<A &#111;nclick="" href="http://www.skysportsdvdshop.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_46" target=_new lid="LIVERPOOL PROFLIX BOOKSIt's a modern take on an old idea. They have just been added to our range." el="http://www.skysportsdvdshop.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_46">LIVERPOOL PROFLIX BOOKS
    It's a modern take on an old idea. They have just been added to our range.</A></DIV><DIV id=articleBody><DIV id=articleRHS><DIV class=articleImage></DIV><DIV class=header><H2 class=sIFR-replaced><EMBED class=sIFR-flash src=http://images.skysports.com/images/swf/fonts/futura.swf width=150 height=16 type=application/x-shockwave-flash sifr="true" flashvars="txt=RELATED LINKS&amp;textalign=left&amp;offsetTop=-1&amp;textcolor=#ffffff&amp;hovercolor=#CCCCCC&amp ;w=150&amp;h=16" bgcolor="transparent" wmode="transparent" quality="best"></EMBED><SPAN class=sIFR-alternate>Related links</SPAN></H2></DIV><DIV class=articleLinks><H3>Team Pages:</H3><UL><LI>Liverpool <LI>Chelsea </LI>[/list]</DIV></DIV><P class=big>Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has played down suggestions of a rift between himself and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

The former Valencia boss did not shake hands with his Portuguese counterpart following Sunday's 2-1 win in the Community Shield at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.

The pair's so-called rivalry has been well documented, as Benitez and Mourinho did not shake hands last season after The Reds beat Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final at Old Trafford.

On Friday, Mourinho claimed he had no problems with the Spanish tactician and Benitez was quick to dismiss any suggestions of animosity with Mourinho.

"He decided not to shake hands in the last game and this time, he was behind me and he did not say anything," Benitez said.

"I was focusing on my team and my supporters and maybe he was thinking about his team and his supporters.

"For me, it is not a problem. After the FA Cup, he decided not to shake hands.

"But I am not thinking about this. I am thinking about my team and how to improve.

"I'm happy. It was difficult for us. It is the beginning of the season and the team is not 100 percent fit, but their work-rate was fantastic.

"It is always important to win against top sides. To win another trophy is good for the confidence."

Mourinho, meanwhile, stated Benitez had plenty of chances to exchange post-match pleasantries with him.

"Football is 90 minutes," Mourinho said. "If we shake hands, if we kiss, do you think that is important?

"I was on the pitch from the last whistle until the moment Liverpool received the cup. I was there the whole time." </DIV>

RE: We just don't shake hands

It looks like it's going to be a slow start to the new season for Chelsea. Liverpoolwill gi dem a run fi dem money. Don't be surprised if dem end up trophy-less..ala Real Madrid this seaon.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sissoko seems like a di real deal in midfield.

The youth played like a real and compose midfielder.

I like him from last year but now him a get even better.

Rafa is a very good coach, He knows exactly what he wants.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

cho!!! mi a get iyad of agreeing wid yuh! start post some nonsense nuh?!!

yes i must admit rafa is an excellent coach.....i disagree on this though , all (most) coaches know what they want, the problem is geting the right personnel to do it. WE DISAGREE....YAY!!!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I said that because him nuh have the money the Chelsea, Madrid, Manu, Milan and others have.

He has to pick up quite smartly still. As man will load up and put them pon bench . Just like your coach a the best with having youngsters mature under his wing in the EPL.

You think most coach know what them want? Or them just look for the "the best player". Most coaches wouldn't let go Cisse cause he will score.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Please remove ManU from the list as they have no money. That flipping Leprechaun did an excellent job of making us one of the poorest clubs.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yuh nuh just buy Carrick fi 18 million pound ???

Comment

... and that is evidence that the club have money? Yuh nuh serious?
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Seems like juvenile behavior to me. Both of these guys need to grow up. I thought Fergie was the one overdoing it with the silly games. I am disappointed to know these two are keeping up folishness and going further by giving silly explanations.
                  "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

assasin (8/14/2006)Sissoko seems like a di real deal in midfield.

The youth played like a real and compose midfielder.
                    He was the bomb!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                    X