Calabar, C-Bar, RABALAC throttles on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calabar, C-Bar, RABALAC throttles on

<TR><TD colspan="4">Calabar marches on</TD></TR> <TR><TD colspan="4">Calabar out shot Norman Manley 15 shots to 7 and came away with a 1 - 0 victory. Today's Calabar looked a more settled squad than they have looked at any time since the start of the second round and the Walker Cup. At periods in the match they appeared to be at half throttle.

Calabar's marksman Cleyon Brown was on target in the 55 minute as he drilled a low shot past the Norman Manley custodian. That shot had resulted from a pass in a set play just outside the area.

The win provides them with an insurmountable lead in the zone and virtually guarantees them a place in the semi-finals.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>C-Bar stay on course</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline>Unheralded Waterford shock Wolmer's</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>By Livingston Scott Observer staff reporter
    Wednesday, November 08, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>Champions Calabar High School stayed on course for the defence of their JN/Pepsi/ISSA Manning Cup crown when they scored a 1-0 win over Norman Manley High in a repeat of last season's final, to take pole position in Group One at the Stadium East field yesterday.
    Cleyon Brown got the game's only goal with a rasping 40-yard free-kick in the 53rd minute.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Norman Manley's troubles got worse when striker Romario Campbell was expelled for a late challenge on Calabar's captain Robert Palmer three minutes after the goal.
    In the day's other game, Waterford stunned Wolmer's 2-1 to keep their hopes alive.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=360 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Waterford's goalscorer Mark Walters tries to avoid a high-boot from Wolmer's Devna Davis during their Manning Cup quarter-final match at the Stadium East field yesterday. Waterford won 2-1. (Photo: Garfield Robinson)</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Calabar's coach David Hunt said it was a good game from his team, whom he believed should have scored more goals.
    "I must congratulate my players; they stuck to the task and tried to keep possession of the football. I thought we controlled the game, but we should have scored more goals because we got more opportunities," Hunt said.
    Norman Manley's Alrick Clarke said his team was a shadow of itself.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Norman Manley normally has a tradition of kicking, but I just can't seem to get these guys kicking. We planned to come out and play our natural game, but we played timid in the first half, because we had the breeze behind us and we didn't make use of it," he added.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Calabar now top the group with maximum six points from two matches. Norman Manley and Waterford share second place with three points, though Norman Manley have the better goal difference. Wolmer's are at the bottom without a point.
    The first half of the match was evenly balanced, although it was the green-and-black-clad Calabar who had the better chances of the period.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=200 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Calabar's Lennox Creary (foreground) dribbles past Norman Manley's Nicholos Anderson during their Group One second round Manning Cup match at the Stadium East field yesterday. Calabar won 1-0. (Photo: Garfield Robinson) </SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Kenneil Hyde shot Lennox Creary's low cross over the bar from 12 yards in the 20th minute, then Shane Bygrave also helped the b
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif
Working...
X