Forum getting washed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum getting washed out

The firing of Coach Doomswell was not a shocked but what remains baffling was that the Federation does not have locked up one of Jose Peckerman, Barnes or Simoes who are actualy interested in the job. To my dismay the media reports of Carl Brown taking the interim role seems credible. This I find to be shocking. Its it possible that they are not capable coaches in the fold? Why do we have to re-cycle failure. It also shows the lack of having proper assistant coaches who should be wearing the assistant tags. We should not have to go to a Cbrown, rather Downwell capable assistant should be able to run the team until a permantnent replacement. As a matter of fact we should have already identify who we want but again we cant make simple decisons.

RE: Forum getting washed out

Who do we have locallythat is better that Karl Brown and can hold the forth locally until further notice?
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

OJ my understanding that they want to make the right appointment and some of the coaches while interested are not available right now as in Simoes case.

OJ if a NPL team fires a coach right now they will struggle to replace him as the pool is extremely small and thats a fact - which still leaves Carl Brown as the best local option for the short term

Comment

How long ago did we know we need a coach again?

It a go take we about a year to make this appointment? and them still ago come to the same conculsion.

JFF must be more proactive, how many temporary TD we a go have that stay there long term? The pool is small depends on where you are looking.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

As I stated before Bredrins...its a lack of edge and the polittricks game that is killing us..Why would Boxhill want to hire Brown...Over the Interim, what would be the objective....Have Brown coach the team to credible performamces in the upcoming Fixtures....Where is the benefit here..are we comfortable in just wasting the the next 5 months of the year.....

Brown knows that whatever he does he will most likely be fired after the interim, he has nothing to prove, to gain...but to pick up a check....nice going Boxhill....

Why don't this administration throw a challenge at a Maxewell, a Hayles, A Paul young..someone who has a thing or two to proove and someone that will bring a bit of energy, enthusiam, and interest to the program....I dare Boxhill to give the Interim role to one of the hungry NPL coaches instead of going with the known CB who will just be there as a figure head...collecting a check and riding Air J's First Class seat..

Have some Balls Boxhill...Take a risk for the first time in your

Comment

It is time this Admin start ask more from the coaches than just a few wins.

Lennie Taylor is in St.Lucia for one year and had over 75 coaches certified within that time.

How are our coaches going to get any better? They had one meeting and call all the coaches and that was it.

It is sad when we don't have the vision and only believe a few win is all we need.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

How will you know who is better if we only recycle the proven failures. Look at the club level in the NPL. Its the same problem, saw where Whouse mangement just commented on the same issue saying there was a lack of good coaches in Jamaica. Ok who was downswell assistant? and why cant he step in now.. Why was it Jackie walters who is now elevated to scouting? what was he doing before. The program is a mess, we can say what we want, but they really dont get it nor will they.

Comment

I agree and I am saying that is a problem.. That CB is our best option. I think Admiral has now coach every team in kingston so that reinforces your point. However if the federation is doing its job we should not see this. Where is Gaynor , Tegat and others that should now be sent on courses and be employed as assistant.

Comment

Make sure you read the Observer West Thursday....
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

sickko how do you get to the western observer

Comment

The way I see it footballpolitics was the primary thing driving this interim appointment.

<U>FACTS?</U>

1. A coach was needed to appease the fans.

2. The JFF does not have the funds to wooany of the candidates on their 'short list' and to get going on preparation for World Cup 2010.

3. There is pressure on the JFF administration to perform or be 'fired'. Therefore the administration thinks it must be play it 'safe'.

The Action?

a) Appoint a local coach.

b-i)Coach must be able to be scapegoat when things go wrong.

b-ii) Coach will not have funds to prepare teams for matches and must be comfortable with this...that is, the coach must besomewhat docile.

b-iii) Coach will ask for the necessay things needed to advance the program...but, when 'run weh' will not come out with any forceful statement to media/in public stating exactly what a bunch of failures the administrators are, in all things...but particularly in the area of providing for TEAM REGGAEBOYZ preparations.

b-iv) If by chance 'grab a team' can win or draw matches...the fans willnot give the coach any credit...but, will claimthe administrators are in the genius class and made a master move.

If as is most likely...in fact, every commonsense reasoning points to this - the 'grab-at-team' nonsense gives the results that naturally follows, the coach gets the administrators stick...deflectingfrom their guilt...and..

b-v) The administratorsgo before the public with 'swollen chests' and 'false words' claiming; "We tried CB again, and he failed. We gave him every chance to succeed. Clearly as we had said before a foreign brand name coach is needed". (clap-clap-clap...and, the beat along failure road/failed leadership goes on.)

Decision?Fall guy! CB!

---------------

Brand name appointed just before JFF'sCongress and - administration returned...or, so it is hoped!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                      X