No announcement yet.

Things Football! I see it like this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things Football! I see it like this....

I start with my beloved Reggae Boyz and it pains my heart to see how we hate continuity but love to dismantle, bruck dung and start over again...without actually getting started. Mr. Rene Simoes gave us a blue print of how football throughout the island should run, but wi dash it weh and replace it wid chaos. Rene is a master administrator and should be the JFF president rather than our coach. However, while I think he reached his limit as coach of the Boyz, he may have even more success with this new set of youths as opposed to having the same set of players he left...unnu follow wha mi a seh? aaaright den! I don't know why we tek so long fi name a coach when wi need one more than everybody else! what's the delay about? There should be only two people to choose from and that is Johnny Barnes and the Dutch U-21 coach. Sometimes I have to laugh when I see the bias among us here as we seem to want to treat our own Barnes the same way the English racists are treating him, which is not wanting to give him a chance. Some man mi see tun coach a England who couldn't even carry Barnes boots when him a play, but get coaching job over the man... Roeder(Newcastle), Coleman(Fulham), McCarthy, Pardew to name a few not to mention the tired fi recycle coach dem...aah bwoy, donkey seh the world no level!

Hands up all who would have been shouting for joy if Jamaica appointed Dunga as their head coach before Brazil did! ...Chelsea stacked with stars but have no fear because only eleven can play at a time...remember Brazil didn't even reach WC semis and Liverpool start the Chelsea disappointment early...Arsenal rise up the Guns dem...Arsene Wenger would have been the best choiceto be England's coach because I believe he is the best coach in the world. He is a rare breed that does not buy a lot of stars but groom youngsters to be stars...If Frank Rijkaard win back to back la liga titles plus a champions league crown, dismantling Chelsea along the way then how comefootball analystsstill a talk bout Mourinhois the best coach in the World? Why not Rijkaard? hmmm just asking. I also believe that Rafa Benitez is in the top three best coaches in the World behind Wenger and Rijkaard. Anyway later people, unnu walk good!!

Sensi...seriously, unnu wonder how Barnes feel about being rejected by his own? A we fi put him pon the map and mek England shame!! wha wi a wait fah?

RE: Things Football! I see it like this....

Sensi (8/15/2006)Some man mi see tun coach a England who couldn't even carry Barnes boots when him a play, but get coaching job over the man... Roeder(Newcastle), Coleman(Fulham), McCarthy, Pardew to name a few
    Mi curious! Just because a player was exceptional means he will excel as a coach? Mi nuh certain bout that.

So what if Brazil hire Dunga? Brazil havethe setup where the players are being coached by experts on a daily basis and futhermore, if Dunga not mekking it, demwon't think twice fi fire him. What kinda setup Jamaica have? How many <STRIKE>quality</STRIKE> coaches we have?

We not in a position fi tek our football program fi a science project. Hire the best possible person for the job. Is John Barnes a better coach than Simoes, the Dutchman or Peckerman?

I guess if Barnes isn't hired, we gonna hear how the JFF racist now.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I too believe Barnes should be at the helm before. It would have ben good to have had him working with the TEAM REGGAE BOYZ immediately Boxhill dismissed Laza and CB.

If he is appointed now...I hope he is allowedto be in charge continuously through to 2014.Full time the joking around with our Reggae Boyz must stop!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

But yuh a contradict yuhself Karl. As mi say we cyaan afford fi tek this program fi a science project. What yuh mean Barnes must ".... until 2014?" What if he isn't being successful?

Unuh clearly nuh serious bout dis.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I prefer a seasoned coach, however, a nuh nuttin fi give Johnnie a two-year contract and mek we see what him can do.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Agreed! If Barnes wants to play a role in Jamaica's football, I say hire him. I'd love to see simoes come here as Technical director overseeing the overall development of Jamaica's football, and John Barnes taking up the position of head coach of the senior team. Pay him US$500K per year,and Simoes US$900K per year for the next 4 years. thriw in the best of the lot from the local coaches, Maybe Paul young and someone else to help these two guys, pay them each about US$7K per month.

Boxhill cant make decisions on his own, and he always take forever to decide on anything.

President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Lazie I would hire Pekerman, or the Ducth because they are use to youth development. However I would also give Barnes a chance although I dont know his development work but because he seems to have a very high football IQ. My only take is he would need to surround himself with teachers, because the TD part is administrative in some ways. I saw the dude who just left here for Watford only coach teams aboout 4 or 5 times. Much of his work was policy. I see some man all now cussign saying they had to write reports for everythign. Imagine that reports on training sessions and tours and camps.. Wow imagine asking a yard coach for that. Him tell you if you waannt report star go a school '

Comment

Cant do that Karl if you are going to separate the TD and the Coach the TD should have a say in what type of coach and it should be his guy. You dont want a coach who is not on the same page as the TD. I think John can do it.

Comment

OJ (8/16/2006)Cant do that Karl if you are going to separate the TD and the Coach the TD should have a say in what type of coach and it should be his guy. You dont want a coach who is not on the same page as the TD. I think John can do it.
                  Just to be clear: Are you saying John Barnes should be the TD and the coach?

If yes - Frankly even as I do not know him having any experience as a TD I would not have a problem with him handling both jobs. It is the assistants that would make all the difference.

Aside:

But, does this JFF administration have the pedigree to be able to assess, what Barnes suggestsand have right input/hire the right mix/set of assistants?
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am saying TD and coach should be on same page. You can separate them or but they must work together and share the same developmental philosophy. Not neccearily playing philosophy, but it helps if they do.

Comment

What JFF must do is appoint a TD and step back and make him appoint his staff including the Academy tutor, techincal committee and the coaches.

Let him be accountable.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

OJ (8/16/2006)I am saying TD and coach should be on same page. You can separate them or but they must work together and share the same developmental philosophy. Not neccearily playing philosophy, but it helps if they do.
                        OK!

I can buy that as general principle.

Comment

Working...
                        X