Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor credits hard work after five-wicket haul

Taylor credits hard work after five-wicket haul <DIV class=KonaBody>

Jerome Taylor ... Inzi is a prized wicket, so for me to get the wicket of Inzi, I was very happy about that. - Reuters

multan, pakistan (cmc)

Pacer Jerome Taylor said yesterday he was pleased with the effort he put in to finish with five-wickets on a batsman-friendly pitch, on the second day of the second Test against Pakistan at Multan's cricket stadium.

The new spearhead of the West Indies bowling attack grabbed five for 91 as West Indies dismissed Pakistan for 357 in their first innings.

On a pitch that grew increasingly comfortable for batting, West Indies were making a strong reply at 151 without loss when play finished yesterday.

More work

"I'm pretty pleased about the performance, but there is still work to be done and as we go along we will continue to work as hard as possible. I am happy with my bowling performance today and even more so to Corey Collymore (2-67). I think he did a pretty good job," Taylor told reporters in a post-match media conference.

"It (pitch) is not conducive to fast bowling, that is a fact but at the same time you are out on the park so you have to try and enjoy your game. I went out there and tried to enjoy my bowling and I did just that and it paid off for me.

Among Taylor's victims was the dangerous Pakistani captain Inzamam-ul-Haq who he removed in the third over of the morning, caught at the wicket without adding to his overnight 31.

"Inzi is a prized wicket. We all know he is a good batsman so for me to get the wicket of Inzi, I was very happy about that," the 22-year-old said.

Bowling properly

"The pitch is getting easier for batting, but it all depends on the discipline you bowl with. Getting the ball in the right areas, you can create some chances and hope that the fielders really stick to it and catch everything that comes to them."

With West Indies chasing a win that would level the series going into the third Test, Taylor said he was again looking to limit Pakistan in their second innings.

"I am looking forward to it because every time I go out on the park I always try to better my performance. When the second innings comes I will go out there again and try to give of my best," Taylor noted.

"It is just a matter of going out there and doing the basics and doing them right. That is what I think worked for me, just trying to keep it simple and bowl within [my] limitations."
    </DIV>
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X