Itallian intends to corner the Jamaican Patty Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itallian intends to corner the Jamaican Patty Market

I am sitting here reading a copy of the August 14-20, Crain's New York Business. There is a beek patty story on page 16 that is very interesting.

It tells the story of Marco Minuto, a Sicilian who founded Red Castle Bakeries in 1996. The company is pulling in US$ 4 Million per year.

In 5 years he plans to build a fully automated plant to produce Jamaican patties. He also plans to open franchise stores.His goal is to corner the US market.

In the meanwhile 50% of his employees are ex-offenders, high school dropouts and individuals trying to get off publice assistance.

Very Interesting.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

RE: Itallian intends to corner the Jamaican Patty Market

I think our patty franchise owners are not as aggressive as they should be. The going rate for up-front franchise fee is $25,000.00. Then there are the requirements for the appearance of physical structure and the equipment. That 'kick-off' cost easily tops $100,000.00.

Then immediately there is franchise commission of a minimum payment of approximately $2,000.00+ monthly.

Ideal for someone to come on board and lower the 'start-up' requirements/cash outlayandintroducegraduated %age franchise commissions.

...as additional costs associated with

i) purchasing property & mortgage or rent,

ii) Employees- payroll, insurances i.e. workers comp, etc.

iii) advertising and promotions

iv) telephone/communication devices & utilities

v) supplies

vi) servicing equipment - lease payments and or hire-purchse payments

vii) other 'stuff' and the unplanned for occurrences.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

a long time mi nuh see you put data like this forward to back up your argument.

good post
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The man dem need fi understand the importance of branding and also knowing dem history.

People have been taking from us for how long now but nuff of us no know our history and so we make the same mistake over and over again.

Nothing new and for everyone information dem can't corner the market if we don't allow them to. Anyway a long time we fi go automated and we have been sitting on the patty thing for too damn long now.

Golden Krust came out here and closed in about 8 months dont' know whose fault that is but... interesting to see if we monitor these italians and see what machines they are using.

Its all about branding

What makes Starbucks coffee any better than anyone else?

Some guy no believe in a demself enough fi know say dem a brand from the minute dem born black as a we a the real creator round here.

watch guy flip up now and get vexwith me yet a call demself Jamaica, ol wolf inna sheep clothing dem. Think me no see unnu, yet me can't hear which high school unnu go a Jamaica

respect

Comment

Also the man smart, as he is getting cheap wages and at the same time he has a story of "helping" the community.

We never seem to learn then again how can we when as soon as the teachers start teaching we get upset and want to knock him down(Where is Courtney and Balla today?) dem still 8 months with belly for Shatta? Man no fi carry belly so, hell not even females carry belly so.

respect

Comment

assasin (8/16/2006)a long time mi nuh see you put data like this forward to back up your argument.

good post
            A hope a nuh mi yuh a talk...?

Re: Picnic

...an yes, iffen yuh did fit lacka las ear wi wudda win di match. Yuh nuh si mi did duh some wuk pan fi mi fitness!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

He is probably getting a tax break or a free grant for using the type of labor that he uses.

Other facts

a) He is doing research to lower the sodium content of the patty

b) He started off with the Caribbean communiity but he has introduced the Jamaican patty into the Italian community

c)He worked for 25 years as the marketing director of a Caribbean Patty Distributor before they laid him off.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

how Gamma and MdmX dem a spread rumor say a retirement home you deh?

Florida gree wid you. I see you working out fine.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sass: even in the retirement home, yuh have good days and bad days!:P Somedays the residents can memba everything, and some days dem caan even memba that there is an RBSC forum!

Maybe out brethren having some good weeks! I love that
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                  X