Hview win again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hview win again

If you were not aware you would think they were playing anyone good. Hview beating a pickup side 1-0 in an embarrassment. I really hope they dont reflect the quality of the league. This team they played have hardly won a game all year and is a bunch of misfits Corcel Blair is trying to get together..

Harbour View end tour on high note

published: Thursday | August 17, 2006

WRAY AND Nephew Premier League runners-up Harbour View ended their two-game tour of Canada on a high note when they defeated a Caribbean All Stars team 1-0 at the Esther Shiner Stadium on Tuesday.

The victory was the second of the campaign for the 'Stars of the East' as Tuesday's victory followed a tough win over top Canadian club the Serbian White Eagles on Sunday by an identical scoreline.

On that occasion Loxley Thomas scored the all-important penalty to give Harbour View the victory.

Decisive strike

This time around it was striker Kemar Petrekin who delivered the decisive strike in the 25th minute.

Petrekin was the beneficiary of a Kavon Bryan pass put across goal which saw him slot the ball past an advancing Eagles custodian Stephan McIntosh.

Having preserved the advantage throughout the first half, Harbour View looked to surge further ahead in the second.

Shots by Nicholas Dodd were acrobatically kept out of the net by keeper McIntosh and the custodian once again turned up big to deny Petrekin who looked to slip in a far corner header

The striker outfoxed his defender to fish for a second goal in the 87th minute. However, he could not succeed in lobbing keeper McIntosh.

MVP honours were presented to midfielder Rafeik Thomas.

The Harbour View squad were expected back in the island yesterday

RE: Hview win again

One player told me they had a hard time adjusting to the artificial turf. The ball was moving very fast.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

RE: Hview win again

I did not go to the game as it was a waste of time. Its field Turf so yes its faster but the team they played against is really really bad. Put it this way the team the serbian team have 30 points after 10 games this carribean pickupside as 6. I think West was playing for them at one point but I am told he went back down..

Comment

Working...
      X