RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Reid's piece on Boxhill 'shape-up or get out' is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Reid's piece on Boxhill 'shape-up or get out' is....

Just like fast-food (junk-food). It's designed to fill you up and comfort you--with poor nutritional contribution.

Commentaries or editorials thathighlight problems...but suggest no possible solutions are just plain empty.

Yes. We all know Boxhill is a poor administrator and blah...blah...blah... <U>But what is the solution?</U>

Jamaica with it's 2.5 million inhabitants does not boast lots of Burrell-like talents know-how and skills. Ifjamaica had this type of talents--Paul Reid would certainly present his short list of Boxhill's replacement. The same with replacement coach for Boyous and Carl Brown. So ladies and gentlemen of the forumall Jamaica is left with is to recycle the best thay have to offer. (In this case, Cap'n Burrell AND Carl Brown)).

Finally: A pool of 2.5 million people does not have the luxury a deep talent pool...

Example? A Reggae BoyZ squad comprised of 100% locals...cannot compete in world-class football. The talent pool is too shallow. Home-grown overseas talent and UB-40 MUST be included.

Chussssssmi.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

RE: Paul Reid's piece on Boxhill 'shape-up or get out' is....

HL (8/17/2006)Just like fast-food (junk-food). It's designed to fill you up and comfort you--with poor nutritional contribution.

Commentaries or editorials thathighlight problems...but suggest no possible solutions are just plain empty.

Yes. We all know Boxhill is a poor administrator and blah...blah...blah... <U>But what is the solution?</U>

Jamaica with it's 2.5 million inhabitants does not boast lots of Burrell-like talents know-how and skills. Ifjamaica had this type of talents--Paul Reid would certainly present his short list of Boxhill's replacement. The same with replacement coach for Boyous and Carl Brown. So ladies and gentlemen of the forumall Jamaica is left with is to recycle the best thay have to offer. (In this case, Cap'n Burrell AND Carl Brown)).

Finally: A pool of 2.5 million people does not have the luxury a deep talent pool...

Example? A Reggae BoyZ squad comprised of 100% locals...cannot compete in world-class football. The talent pool is too shallow. Home-grown overseas talent and UB-40 MUST be included.

Chussssssmi.
    i see you still have the need to tell ppl to chusss yuh

so what is YOUR solution?

Comment

Let me say it again balla.

Recycling. <U>You should know all about that</U>.

On a more detrimental level--it is carried out in the Jamaican government. After all, you will have nothing to do with term limits.

HL

Comment

HL (8/17/2006)Let me say it again balla.

Recycling. <U>You should know all about that</U>.

On a more detrimental level--it is carried out in the Jamaican government. After all, you will have nothing to do with term limits.
        and your solution to the problem is...................?

Comment

Like it or not Burrell's help is the only way out in the short term.

Them make a big mistake swapping him for Boxhill and 3 years later Boxhill hasn't made himself into a man so it will be hard to put somebody else who have no footings, we will be done after another 2 years.

If Burrell a nuh president him going to have to be advisor unless them can convince somebody to give up them million dollar job to come do it for free.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

similar to your piece here? i think that is an unfair categorisation of the piece.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Balla, I think its clear what HL is saying.The manis sayingwe have no option right now but to go back to the proven entity in Captain Horace Burrell. And I agree with him 100%. It seems 80% of the people who post on this websiteare in favor of the captain returning, the 20% who are not in favor do so for non-footballing reasons. The most common arguemnt amongst them is that we need to find someone else outside of these two. another popular one is that he is too arrogant (go jump in the sea Mosiah). yet another one is that he usese the JFF's money to build bakeries. Well, he opened a bakery up this side recently...guess he is stil ltiefing the JFF's money

As for the article below, do these people make a living from just writing articles for the observer? I dont know, but it seems these articles dont worth more than about J$120 a piece. I have read better material on the topic right here on teh forum.
              President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Lazie the Captain is far from perfect and I have listed by grouses time and time and also I have stated why I wanted him out, the present administration hasnt produced as far as the football is concerned

the captain is campaigning for the post and I am sure he will be returned

Comment

Here is the solution. If Jamaica's football program is the interest of all. Then I say Horace Reid comes to the forefront. I dont want him in the shadows of Burrell but the forefront as the next president. He is the face and he is accountable. Burrell can then feel as if he is the piepiper if he wants. I think maybe the delegates will go for that and he would win. What do you think Balla, does he have the ambition to step foreward as the front man. I think he would make a good president and mend most fences.

Comment

OJ (8/17/2006)Here is the solution. If Jamaica's football program is the interest of all. Then I say Horace Reid comes to the forefront. I dont want him in the shadows of Burrell but the forefront as the next president. He is the face and he is accountable. Burrell can then feel as if he is the piepiper if he wants. I think maybe the delegates will go for that and he would win. What do you think Balla, does he have the ambition to step foreward as the front man. I think he would make a good president and mend most fences.
                    So you would have Horace Reid as the official president...but de facto Gen. Sec. and Horace Burrell as the officialgeneral secretary...but the de facto President?

You know I would not mind onebit!

Truth is the 'joke of it' appeals to me!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

All i am saying is that i would love to see some possiblenames for replacing Boxhill--(if Burrell does not qualify).

The problem was just merely redefined in the piece.

HL

Comment

Why do you like to complicate things? I want Horace Reid to be the president!....

Comment

I think most people who dont like Burrell dont like his persona.. his brashness but they dont argue with his vision nor is ability to get things done. Now I would guess that much of that vision is really Rieds. I dont think Burrel would stand in Rieds way or campaings against him. I also think Ried would get the votes of the Burrell constituency. Wesmoreland Hanover et al and still reach out to Kasfa and even the St. James and Trelawny. While Burrell is hated by some I dont think Reids is regarded that way. Even his colleague on this board, Courtney and others will say he know what he is doing.

Comment

OJ (8/17/2006)I think most people who dont like Burrell dont like his persona.. his brashness but they dont argue with his vision nor is ability to get things done. Now I would guess that much of that vision is really Rieds. I dont think Burrel would stand in Rieds way or campaings against him. I also think Ried would get the votes of the Burrell constituency. Wesmoreland Hanover et al and still reach out to Kasfa and even the St. James and Trelawny. While Burrell is hated by some I dont think Reids is regarded that way. Even his colleague on this board, Courtney and others will say he know what he is doing.
                            OJ: There is merit in what you are thinking. I am just looking at a possible scenario...and, my bias is the return of the Burrell - presi/Reid-gen.sec. partnership.

A nuh nutten.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                            X