• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chelsea new Cane Cutter

Chelsea agree fee for Boulahrouz

Khalid Boulahrouz

Boulahrouz had a fine World Cup for Holland

Chelsea are poised to sign versatile Dutch international defender Khalid Boulahrouz after agreeing a deal with German club Hamburg SV.

Boulahrouz, 24, is due to travel to London at the weekend to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

Nicknamed "Khalid the Cannibal", Boulahrouz joined Hamburg from RKC Waalwijk in the summer of 2004.

Capped 15 times by Holland, the centre-back started the last two Dutch World Cup games in Germany.

But he was red-carded in their defeat to Portugal in the last 16 stage, a stormy affair in which he was accused of deliberately trying to injure Cristiano Ronaldo with a thigh-high challenge.

"He is a good competitive player and will be a good addition to our squad," Chelsea's assistant manager Steve Clarke told Chelsea TV.

"He can play centre-back or either full-back position. I think he is right-footed and it is important to have one or two players around the squad who can play in a number of different positions."

Boulahrouz's arrival is unlikely to affect Chelsea's pursuit of Ashley Cole, although could be a signal that they are prepared to allow Frenchman William Gallas to leave.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

RE: Chelsea new Cane Cutter

replacement for huth

Comment

Yuh rate him ?

DAT NUH GOOD !!!!

Shouldn't you be looking for a replacement for GALLAS ????!!!

Comment

I find it funny. I think is a quick replacement for Gallas as he really want to leave. I don't think he is of the quality Chelsea can buy.

I find it funny how the assistant manager saying " I think he is right footed"

Don't you think them woulda know that for sure before them buy him?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Don't you think them woulda know that for sure before them buy him?[/quote]

Come on assasin - he was brought as a center back, he can play a full back and (i think he is right footed) so he can play right full back

ask that question of Jose and you would see a different answer - do you think Steve clarke actually play a role in transfers

Comment

Balla regardless it is funny. You a introduce a player and say "I think he is right-footed"?

Maybe Jose should have introduce him then

Comment

Courtney (8/18/2006)Yuh rate him ?

DAT NUH GOOD !!!!

Shouldn't you be looking for a replacement for GALLAS ????!!!
              Dont you say that of most our signings and the opposite for yours

Comment

you ever hear me call your signings rucks ???

aaaahhh bwoy , yuh start drink early ??

Comment

Working...
                X