What has become of the following players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has become of the following players

McEachron who was drafted by LA Galaxy in the last MLS draft.

Prendigast who was drafted by Chicago in the last draft.

I notice none of these players are listed on the respective team rosters. Does this mean they are no longer in with those teams. If they are not, where are they now?

Also, what has happened to Robert Scarlett? Are his managers looking a thing for him in Sweden too?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: What has become of the following players

<DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-LEFT: 8px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 8px">Here is something on Prendergast.</DIV><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-LEFT: 8px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 8px"><SPAN class=story_headline></SPAN></DIV><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-LEFT: 8px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 8px"><SPAN class=story_headline>Chicago Fire Selects Prendergast in MLS Supplemental Draft</SPAN>

</DIV><CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=369 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle><SPAN class=caption>Ezra Prendergast went 34th overall to the Chicago Fire in the MLS Supplemental Draft.</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER><DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 8px; PADDING-LEFT: 8px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 8px">
    <DIV>MLS Supplemental Draft Tracker</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>NEW YORK, N.Y.Orange senior defender Ezra Prendergast (Kingston, Jamaica) was selected by the Chicago Fire with the 34<SUP>th</SUP> overall pick in the 2006 Major League Soccer (MLS) Supplemental Draft on Thursday, Jan. 26. Prendergast is the first Orange player to be selected by an MLS club since Chris Aloisi was chosen in the sixth round of the 2004 SuperDraft by the Los Angles Galaxy.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Prendergast earned 2005 All-BIG EAST and NSCAA All-New York Region second-team honors in his final SU campaign. He was a third-team all-region honoree in 2004. Last season Prendergast helped the Orange to the BIG EAST Championship for the first time since 2000. He anchored an SU backline that contributed to six shutouts and posted the fifth-lowest goals-against average in team history (0.89). </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>On offense, Prendergast chipped in two goals and an assist in two seasons for a total of five points. He competed in 34 matches in his career with 29 starts. Against nationally-ranked Cincinnati on Oct. 15, 2005, he set the school record for the fastest goal ever to start a game, scoring 57 seconds into the match. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The 2006 MLS Supplemental Draft featured four rounds and 48 overall selections. Prendergast was Chicago’s third pick in the draft. The Fire also selected Floyd Franks of North Carolina, Dasan Robinson of Dayton, Howard’s Idris Ughiule and Richard Mupfudze of Western Kentucky. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The Fire reached the MLS Cup playoffs in 2005, losing to the New England Revolution in the conference final. </DIV></DIV>
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

McEachron I notice is listed on the roster of Richmond Kickers.

Comment

Don't know bout Scarlett, but Newton Sterling should be leaving for Sweden next week, I understand. He might be joining up with Khari.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (8/19/2006)Newton Sterling should be leaving for Sweden next week, I understand. He might be joining up with Khari.
          That is great news! I wish him well and hopes he lands a contract.

Comment

you think it easy for Big man to be playing for 10,000 to 20,000 a year with a college degree?

After one season and a job offer for 40,000 it is bye bye football for some of them.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

assasin (8/19/2006)you think it easy for Big man to be playing for 10,000 to 20,000 a year with a college degree?

After one season and a job offer for 40,000 it is bye bye football for some of them.
              Assassin, I asked a question as I did not know where they were. I noticed that both were missing from the MLS rosters so I asked.

It is really sad that the MLS want to pay some players the equivalent of minimum wage. It makes no sense at all.

Comment

T, it is just sad to see some of these good youths drop out but it nuh surprise me as the wages been paid is crazy.

Mcheaton before his injury was rated as maybe the best college defender in his days. Pity the JFF didn't follow him up either.

I was at a friend's engagement party recently and there were so many good D1 college footballer there and to see the how unfit anb out a shape they are 2 and half years out a college it not hard to understand how some a these players drop off, go a work a little job and play park ball.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                X