One set a rule fi manu, one set fi everybody else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One set a rule fi manu, one set fi everybody else

<DIV class=entrytitle><DIV align=center>Dear Football Association </DIV></DIV><P class=posted>Article by Simon Hawes

One United fan was so incensed at the ban received by Wayne Rooney this week that he wrote to the FA...

Dear Sirs,

I want to register with you my total and utter disgust at the decision to uphold Wayne Rooney's three game ban after his recent dismissal in the Amsterdam tournament. Almost all pundits, journalists and fans agreed that there was no offence committed by Rooney let alone one worthy of a red card. It begs the question of why FA as an organisation would choose to alienate a young man who is unquestionably England's most talented and important player on? Why also, would you choose to disaffect Manchester United, the country's biggest club and biggest contributor of players to the England setup in recent years? Privately McClaren will not thank you for crucifying relations with his most important player at the very start of his new career.

How can you can claim impartiality when, having relieved yourselves of the Arsenal Vice Chairman as your own VC, you now boast a chief executive who is on record as having stated not only his love for Liverpool but also his hatred for "Man Utd and all things they stand for".

Compare and contrast. The FA bent over backwards to get UEFA's rules changed to allow Liverpool into the Champion's League when they did not reach the qualifying criteria. Yet, the organisation issued Rio Ferdinand with a ban for missing a drugs test that was longer in duration than the majority of players who actually fail these very same tests. Then Gary Neville, a loyal and talented servant and ambassador for our country's game at club and international level, received a fine for kissing the club crest on his shirt when celebrating a goal; a goal scored against Liverpool none-the-less. Yet how many times has Robbie Fowler gesticulated at United fans in reference to the number of European Cups Liverpool have won, but he continues to go unpunished?

How many times have we watched Jens Lehmann in Arsenal's goal commit acts of verbal and physical violence at the slightest provocation only to be "warned about his future conduct"? It seems increasingly clear with each passing incident that the referees and the governing body are judging decisions not on their merits, but instead by looking at the individual involved. Certain teams are there "to be made an example of" in your kangaroo courts. This is not justice, it is completely unacceptable.

Wayne Rooney has overstepped the mark at times in his career but against Porto, even when shown an unjust red card, he offered no reaction. This kind of self restraint shows that Rooney is keeping his end of the deal and surely the FA as a governing body should be expected to uphold their side too? The FA have warned Rooney about his future conduct and the player has attempted to take this on board in stark comparison to some players who continue to go unpunished. There has to be a corresponding effort from the governing body to recognise this, or rulings will be both meaningless and hypocritical.

Further, how can the ban have been interpreted in such a way as to make the players miss three competitive league matches? Logic must surely come into play; a ban picked up in a tournament should be served in the same tournament. Both players sat out the final match of the Amsterdam event - in not taking the suspensions already served into account the FA have effectively penalising Scholes and Rooney with four game bans.

Manchester United as a club and as individual players have given decades of service to the English game both at domestic and international levels. Indeed Old Trafford was the venue for this week's England international, as it was for the FA Cup semi-final last season when the visiting fans destroyed sections of the stadium. United do not ask, nor should they be offered anything mor
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: One set a rule fi manu, one set fi everybody else

Hear, hear!
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Ignorace is bliss eh !!

The FA has to appoint the disciplinary board they are independent by the fact that the members don't belong to the FA itself in any category shapr or form .

The FA cannot rule on something the referee does not report , how you think that work ??

FIFA can they can't .

that ids basic common footbsall knowledge but unuh start feel sorry fi unuh self already like is anybody mek glazer buy unuh .

need smaddy fi tell mi how to make this my signature .

18 League Titles
      7 F.A Cups
      7 League Cups
      15 Community Shields
      5 European Cups
      5 European Cup Winners Cups
      3 U.E.F.A CUPS
      Nuff Said

Comment

This should be added to your signature...."now struggling to get to the class of Sheffield." Boss, all that ancient history don't mean a dang thing. You should be on your knees giving thanks that Robbie Fowler was having flashbacks of doing a line. Me deh yah a dead with laff over my own joke. Have a good weekend boss.

Comment

Badmind is a hell of a thing to rahtid .

Comment

Talking bout ignorance ..... go to control panel under your profile, edit yuh signature.

How unuh suh hypocritical? Yuh quick fi list the League / Carling Cup but all a unuh a act as if ManU was trophyless last season. Yuh can list all yuh want ... as the FSC commentator said this morning, the big boys play tomorrow. Suh check yuhself.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Bredrin, the season just a start and you decide fi equate the first round of a likkle trash talk with badmind. Cho man. You have thicker skin than that. If I really had good sense, though, I would have waited until after Manu plays Fulham tomorrow to make sure I can talk a whole heap of trash. Me nuh like how you gwaan like me neva give your side props last week before oonu win oonu likkle 2-1. I think it mussa go to oonu head because today oonu figet seh that neva matter and that oonu haffi beat the mighty Sheffield in the opener. Thank God fi my guy Fowler, you hear?

Comment

And suppose Santa Claude did play? Sheffield's record transfer man? 'Pool would start the season with aloss...ha ha ha
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                X