X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Joseph Hill

for yes you are a conqueror .

RE: RIP Joseph Hill

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left bgColor=#e1e2e5>

<SPAN class=articleTitle>Courtney, I am sure many here are not enlightened enough to know, without doubt, of whom you wrote so respectfully. So here goes......</SPAN>

<SPAN class=articleTitle>Reggae Icon Joseph Hill, Lead Singer of Culture, Dies in Berlin</SPAN></TD><TD align=right bgColor=#e1e2e5></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2>08/19/2006 07:09PM
    Contributed by: WMC_News_Dept. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

The lead singer of legendary reggae group Culture died today in Berlin. "It is with extreme sadness that I report the passing away of Joseph Hill the lead singer of the veteran reggae group Culture," said Culture's manager Jim Dooley. "Joseph suddenly took ill and passed away in Berlin Germany this morning while the group were in the middle of a European tour. Hill enjoyed a lengthy career in reggae music and will be greatly missed by both fans and peers. The group plans to finish its current European tour and honor all other commitments with Joseph's son Kenyatta standing in on lead vocals as a tribute to his father."

Born January 22, 1949 in St. Catherine, Jamaica, and involved with music since early youth, Joseph Hill began his professional recording career in 1972 with the single “Behold the Land.”

By 1976 Joseph and his cousin Albert Walker had formed a trio whose name evolved into Culture with the release of the mythic Two Sevens Clash.

Joseph Hill performed solo under the name Culture and recorded several projects during the early eighties; he and Albert subsequently reunited and have since produced a long series of critically acclaimed recordings.

Messages can be posted at World Music Central and on the Myspace website at the following link: http://www.myspace.com/twosevenclash.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Courtney (8/21/2006)for yes you are a conqueror .
      So true, he was a Master. Just on Sunday I was talking to Rasta brethren who saw him perform here in TT (while I was in Ja.) and ws in awe plus a J'can brethren told me how he ws on a 'high' dancing in the rain - many thought he was crazy (well maybe he is).....

Saw him Ja. earlier this year and he put down a stellar performance.

May his soul rest in peace.

Comment

Still a young man. RIP in peace Joseph.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I am going to guess that I have most of Culture's recordings.I have seen the group Culture perform numerous times.

My two favorite CDs are : Wings of a Dove and Good Things.

I am just now learning of Hill's passing. I am very very deeply saddned!!
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
          X