• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jago, Ardenne book finals berth

<DIV id=printReady>

St Jago, Ardenne book finals berth
    published: Saturday | February 3, 2007
    <DIV class=KonaBody Q4HiA="true">

St. Jago's Derron Dale (second right) attempts to get by Kingston College's Sadiki Heslop(second left), in ISSA/KFC schoolboy basketball action at the National Stadium court yesterday. Looking on are Kingston College's Omari Green (right) and Dale Gayle. St Jago won 50-45. - Junior Dowie/Staff Photographer

Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

St. Jago became the first team to book their spot in the ISSA/KFC Southern Conference under 19 final, when they ousted former champions Kingston College 50-45 in semi-final action at the National Stadium courts yesterday.

Derron Dale pounded in 18 points and grabbed six <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: orange! important; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">rebounds</SPAN> for the team, while Michael Blake chipped in with 11 points and eight rebounds as St. Jago went one better than their semi-final exit last year.

"We came out flat but I told them that we could not lose, we lost last year, I told them this year was our year and they went out and did it," said St. Jago coach, Kevin Grossett.

KC's Derron Dale had 20 points and eight rebounds while captain Omari Green had a 15-point, 15-rebound haul. However, the North Street school, admittedly, were let down by their poor free throw shooting in the final quarter.

"We did a poor job at the free throw line, but I must congratulate St. Jago for a well fought win, "said KC coach, Michael Hall.

"However, we are looking forward to the all-island championships," he added.

In Under 16 action Ardenne booked their spot in the final when they turned back defending champions Calabar 57-53.</DIV></DIV>
Working...
X