Can Anyone Translate French?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Translate French?

There is a semipro hockey league in Quebec, whose acronym is LNAH. To put it mildly, the LNAH is a goon league. I've seen some of the fights, or shall I say, full tilt team brawls on YouTube.

On the LNAH website, there is an announcement of suspensions and fines resulting from a brawl betweenGuay Trois Rivieres and CRS Express St. Georges.

Among the offenses I can understand are swining the stick at someone's head, and fighting in the stands.

Here are the line I need translated

Amende $1500 pour Ashlee Langdone (traveser la ligne rougependant la periode de rechauffement et pour s'etre donner en spectacle)

$1500 fine to Ashlee Langdone for crossing the red line to.....?

RE: Can Anyone Translate French?

HI Bruce ,

For some reason I can't get into your post, nor any of the first posts made in any forum. Therefore I can't see what you need translated. If you post again in a reply to this post I'll give it a shot for you.

Take care,

Peter R
    Peter R

Comment

Bruce: The translation goes:

$1500 fine for (guy's name) for crossing the red line during the warm up period and making a spectacle of himself ( "showing off"?) [or something like that]

Hope that helps.

Peter
      Peter R

Comment

Crossing the red line (center line) during warmupsto "make a spectacle of himself' (or possibly try to start a fight or trash talk opponents) makes sense.

In the LNAH, anything bad is possible.

Comment

Peter R (2/14/2007)HI Bruce ,

For some reason I can't get into your post, nor any of the first posts made in any forum. Therefore I can't see what you need translated. If you post again in a reply to this post I'll give it a shot for you.

Take care,

Peter R
          Peter R: For some reason we had this problem for a couple of days, then it just went away without us doing anything. If it happens again, just look to the upperright hand hand section of your window for "Display Mode". If you select any of the other modes than the threaded mode, you will see it fine. We have threaded mode set as default as that is what our members are accustomed to having from past forums, but you can view in the other modes if you like.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
          X