Marion Jones to marry Barbados' Obadele Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marion Jones to marry Barbados' Obadele Thompson

Marion Jones to marry Barbados' Obadele Thompson <DIV class=KonaBody j4lQv="true">

Marion Jones - Reuters

bridgetown, (cmc)

Barbados' sole individual Olympic medallist Obadele Thompson will wed American five-time Olympic medal winner Marion Jones tomorrow in the United States.

Thompson and Jones are expected to exchange vows in a private ceremony in <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">North </SPAN><SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">Carolina</SPAN>, with only close friends and family members expected to be in attendance.

Jones vacationed in Barbados last February and was regularly seen in Thompson's company. Thompson is Jones' former training partner when both runners were coached by Dan Pfaff in Texas.

The 30-year-old Thompson soared to national prominence when he won bronze in the 100 metres at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, becoming Barbados' first individual medallist.

He returned to finish seventh in the 2004 Olympics in Athens, but his appearances on the international circuit since then have been limited by <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">injury</SPAN>.

Jones, the former golden girl of American athletics, claimed gold medals in the 100, 200 metres and 4x400 metres relay at the Sydney Olympics, while taking bronze medals in the long jump and 4x100 metres.

The 32-year old's career took a turn for the worse, however, when she was repeatedly linked in the BALCO drugs scandal which gripped the sport two years ago. Though at the centre of the investigation by authorities, Jones has never tested positive for drugs and has continued to insist on her innocence. This will be Jones" second marriage after she divorced disgraced American shot <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">putter</SPAN> CJ Hunter in 2001 after a near three-year marriage. Jones was also involved with American sprinter Tim Montgomery, a union that produced a son in 2003. Montgomery w

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Marion Jones to marry Barbados' Obadele Thompson

she's kinda like the lottery....if you don't train with her...you don't have a chance!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

"Just the two of them building castles in the sand"

gamma - they are in love(Tant)
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Good thing he is retired, because they will be exchanging bodily fluids and he would have end up like her ex husband and baby father.
        Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
        Mitty

Comment

Him couldnt find a betta gal dan she, Rihanna mussi too young. If i had Obedele speed i would have run leff Jones...she is damage goods.
          Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
          Mitty

Comment

Working...
          X