i like ravi rampaul's attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i like ravi rampaul's attitude

west indies need young players like him...he has a passion to win and to work hard to win. i have seen it time and again.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Rampaul eyeing return to int'l cricket</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>CMC
    Thursday, March 01, 2007
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>POINTE-A-PIERRE, Trinidad (CMC) - Trinidad and Tobago's Carib Beer Challenge Trophy bowling hero Ravi Rampaul is eyeing a return to international cricket.<P class=StoryText align=justify>On the comeback from injury setbacks, Rampaul grabbed a match-winning seven-wicket haul this past weekend at Guaracara Park to propel the home side to a 49-run victory over Barbados to lift the Carib Beer Challenge Trophy.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He snared seven for 51 off 18.4 overs for his career-best first-class figures and he believes his effort shows he is heading back to top form.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It's a sign of good things to come for Ravi Rampaul," the 22-year-old said after Sunday's title win.
    He is anxious to regain his international status and clearly wants to force his way into the squad for a summer tour of England this year.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I've been working hard, trying hard and putting in the effort," said Rampaul, who finished with a nine-wicket match haul.
    He had taken two for 68 in the first innings and shared the man-of-the-match award with his captain Daren Ganga.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Rampaul, who has played 17 One-day International (ODI) matches for the West Indies, was sidelined for more than a year with shin splints followed by a back injury.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He was the West Indies Players' Association (WIPA) youth player of the year for 2003 and his last appearance for the Windies was against England in the summer of 2004.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Rampaul's promising career surfaced from 2000 when he helped West Indies win the Under-15 World Cup in England.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He was also part of the Caribbean side that finished runners-up to Pakistan at the 2004 Under-19 Youth World Cup (YWC) in Bangladesh.<P class=StoryText align=justify>West Indies will tour England in May for four Tests and three One-Day Internationals.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine
Working...
X