How good are we really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are we really?

IfBennett Kingwas an instructor of ebonite pigmentationhe would've been fired; even before the world cup began.

And some of these players have no darn pride in self nor country!

Scrap the team and start from scratch with new players anda new coach.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

RE: How good are we really?

<DIV>Better smaddy else say dis cause mi tiyad fi people call mi racist.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>(Gots to move your post over to the right forum, though! )</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well dem can call mi racist pon dis ya one, causen seh a di truth and nothing but the truth!

And I doubtif anyCaribbean newspaper will have enough gumption place any blame on Ben King. The coach must go!!
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

<DIV>Yuh notice how much focus everybody put pon dem coach when dem team lose? One coach all dead ova it!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>It will be a while before anybody get the balls to call for Bennett King's head. (Please, don't take that literal!)</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I remember when I did mention this some months ago people come tell me how World Cup is di focus and mi must watch and see how good di Windies come along for the World Cup. Dem bring up some nonsense about the good work King was doing. Well, I'm watching! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Wi beat Pakistan di odda day and everybody say wi gwine win di World Cup. Lawdoiee! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Time for Bennett King to go!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Unfortunately, we still have a long way to go. The question now is : "Can we even win a match at this stage?" (sigh)

Anyway, I'm still behind the team...as long as they begin to show some fight.

pr
          Peter R

Comment

Re: "I'm still behind the team as long as they begin to show some fight."

Quite a statement Peter! I see you lactually left room for future with the word ''begin.'' The darn question is this: when will they begin to show some fight?

And as Mikey Holding said the other day, ''if you cannot get pumped up playing in the world cup on your own pitches, when will you ever?''

Time to get rid of the coach and a few of the players. Gayle, Sarwan and Samuels need a reality check. They should be benched for the remainder of the cup. D Smith is on the bench and can open the batting. I would bring him in, along with Lendl Simmonds to open the inning, with Chanderpaul at #3, Lara at #4 and Pollard at #5. Let the chips, at this stage, fall where they may and we pick up the pieces after the world cup. Clearly,a player should be picked only on present form; not on past exploits. The danger in waiting for a player to regain form during the tournament is that the player maynot regainhis form and the team consequently suffers.

Comment

A time fi Bennett King leave. He has not achieve much and he needsto go.

Rebuilding time. Take away skipper from Lara too.

How about Clive Lloyd been the coach?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

<DIV>Clive Lloyd?!?! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I'm just happy that Carl Brown is not the coach. We would have more than Woolmer on our hands!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X