Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not one mention of Champs over here?

Things bad then...

RE: Not one mention of Champs over here?

Dem out of touch wid the real world! Drowning in football sorrow
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Only went Friday and Saturday, The Friday even was memorable for that youth from Belfield 1500 meter run and I was downstairs when it happened and missed it.

Had to be my bad day as that much anticipated 100 meter final my camcorder battery died at the start.(talk about being salt) Portia Simpson and the minister of the opposition was there in the royal box.

The music vibes was the best and the performers killed me(that mascot was too funny as he had all the dance moves down)

Song of the day for Friday 'We no want no friend from dem, we no want no friend from dem!"

Preliminaries for the class 1 4*400 meter relay Mosiah called it that KC wasn't going to make it to the final as they came second in their heat and the time was slow.

That dude from St Jago who won the 100 is a damn monster. The man stride come in like it computer generated when you see it pon the slow mo replay. Talk about perfect form.

10.21 in a high school 100meter run, I never knewa dem things deh gwaan a champs. Yohan Blake(think thats his name) also ran away from them in the 200 meter.

Make Mosiah tell unnu what went on as I was busy videotaping the vibes and the beautiful women passing by.(I could have sworn Bev McDonald was trying to flirt with the Ras Shatta - sitting to my right. Asafa and unnu favorite coach Franco was close by.

The great reporter Sickko was also there. Nah lie even the Empress agreed that Champs fi deh pon TV in the states as she never experienced anything full a vibes so.

Should have listened to Mosiah and bought Grandstand tickets for Saturday on Friday as come Saturday true to his prediction the thing was sold out and I was stuck beside the KC contingent near gate 9.(wait girls go KC too?)

Saturday was even more fun as between KC and Calabar with dem giant flag I don't know who had me cracking up more.

I am tired so I will sum it up to say the Holmwood Girls came prepared to get the job done as they went about their business like professionals and I don't see them losing at Penn's unless they drop the baton.

No way can the St Jago class 1 4*100 meter final time be right as these are high school kids running 39.80 with Yohan Blake anchoring and running a blistering final leg. I think he got the baton a distance behind another runner and blew past him like he wasn't there.

A man beside me said Asafa(who was there again) must be sitting in cold sweat. Can't get over the 5000 meter race and the youth who lapped the field and the 4*100 meter relay.

The meet nice mi nah lie and I am not even a big track man but Champs was worth the visit as between the KC drums and the Calabar high jumpers antics mi no know which one better.

Nevera dull moment.

respect

Comment

Based on reports there was some wicked times and many records broken. 10.21 is wicked time for high school bwoys. I was at Stadium when Raymond Steward did 10.3 and I thought that was a record that would stand for a long time. Bwoy we keep on producing so many ahtletes.

The future is great and to see there is still a big Cbar, KC rivalry going on, that is great. Maybe a champs them shoulda drop some a di world cup money.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X