CXC exams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CXC exams

What does the CXC grade levels equivalent to in terms of old time grading system? I mean, they have levels I, II, III.

I am assuming that I = A, II = B and III = C.

Thanks for your help.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

RE: CXC exams

Tilla, You are correct. 1 = A or the highest level you can get. However, you can get a "1" without it being a distinction. Results for each subject are also accompanied by a letter grade evaluation of various components of the subject, which determines whether you achieve a "1" with distinction or just a plain "1". This applies to all results BTW, not just a "1".

Example, for French a student could achieve a "1" with the following letter Grades: Writing (A), Speaking (B), Reading (A). That student would not have a distinction as he/she did not achieve "A's" across the board.

All CXC subjects have, similar to the example above (I am not sure if those are actual categories for French but that's the idea), their own breakdown of areas evaluated.

Hope that helps.

Peter
    Peter R

Comment

Thank you sir. It helped a lot.

Tilla
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

So you probably never heard of CAPE then? I just did recently, they are the equivalent of A'Levels. My niece just got a distinction, two credits and a pass.

Her distinction was in Information Sciences or whatever it is called. The child is hell bent on being a journalists and there is nothing I can do to change her mind.

I have even threatened to withdraw all my suppport to her but she laughed in my face.

While in high school she wanted to become a psychologist and I told her fine, go right ahead but she has since chamged her mind...SIGH!!!
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Ah Bwoy.

Any opportunity...

Comment

Chuss mi....me proud a har suh till, water come a mi yey
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Well, since we bragging I jus want to add my tuppance as my second daughter just pass her 8 CXC with 1's, 7 with distinction...I won't even mention daughter #1 results from 3 years back.

Now if my two boys can half emulate big sisters...

With respect to CXC and CAPE I still have my reservations about this kind of measurement for evaluating a child's potential... if you're not an exam-writer dawg nyam yuh suppa and we know life if not ONE exam... it's a daily trial.

Peter
              Peter R

Comment

To be fair to CAPE, they've tried to move away from the ONE big exam model...by breaking it up A levels into a series of exams over the two years of 6th form.

It still boils down solely to high stakes testing as a means of evaluation.

pr
                Peter R

Comment

Congrats sah! Yuh have every right to be proud.

Comment

Working...
                  X