Nelson fires hat-trick in Joe Public win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson fires hat-trick in Joe Public win

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Nelson fires hat-trick in Joe Public win</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>CMC
    Tuesday, August 08, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) - Prolific striker Roen Nelson hit a magnificent hat-trick and fired Joe Public to a 5-1 victory over Starworld Strikers in Trinidad and Tobago's Professional Football League (PFL) this past weekend.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Midfield star Arnold Dwarika and Sean Cooper got Joe Public's other goals as they ran past lowly-placed Starworld Strikers Saturday evening and moved up to 35 points, just one behind leaders San Juan Jabloteh, who were held to a draw by United Petrotrin.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Nelson, on loan from top Jamaica club Portmore United, opened his account with a wonderful strike from the top of the box.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He collected a long kick-out from deep in Joe Public's half, advanced to beat a defender and smashed his shot past the Starworld Strikers goalkeeper.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Nelson's second goal came after beating a defender and knocking the ball past the 'keeper, and he completed his triple strike when he breached the offside trap as he collected a pass from Dwarika, dribbled past the goalkeeper and netted an easy tap-in.<P class=StoryText align=justify>On Sunday, Guyanese Howard Lowe struck the winning goal for North East Stars to edge W Connection 1-0 at the Sangre Grande Recreation Ground, while Superstar Rangers and Caledonia AIA Fire also won.<P class=StoryText align=justify>W Connection's unsteady season continued when Lowe's 46th minute strike lifted NE Stars to a victory that snapped a three-game winless streak.<P class=StoryText align=justify>W Connection thought they had an equaliser when Jamaican Chris Harvey hit a shot onto the crossbar in the 90th minute that appeared to cross the line as it bounced, but the referee ruled no goal.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Caledonia beat bottom-of-the-table Tobago United 1-0 and Superstar Rangers defeated Defence Force 2-1.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Nelson fires hat-trick in Joe Public win

<P class=StoryText align=justify>On Sunday, Guyanese Howard Lowe struck the winning goal for North East Stars to edge W Connection 1-0 at the Sangre Grande Recreation Ground, while Superstar Rangers and Caledonia AIA Fire also won.<P class=StoryText align=justify><P class=StoryText align=justify>I would never expect anyone named Howard Lowe to be able to play football!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

and now you know the true identity and nationality.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The report doesn't say that he almost scored two more...having the keeper saving well on both those occasions.

The thing with this youth is that he appears to me to be strictly a finisher, ( I was at the match) and I get the impression that the coach would still like to see him doing mroe work off the ball.

However, you can't argue with his figures .

pr
        Peter R

Comment

Working...
        X