Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect the Gov t No matter what

Respect the Gov t No matter what

Sometimes we can’t see why certain people are in government.

Some don’t have the knack. Others are thieves. But everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. God uses even an evil man for His glory. Pharaoh was raised up for a purpose. He could not stop the progress of God’s people.

Sometimes we forget what God has done for us especially when times are good. We walk away from God and because of that the atmosphere is set up for people who are devious and devilish to come into leadership. When the land is not healed the kind of people that are raised to authority will reflect the condition of the land.

Therefore we must understand that God is not going to leave the world without leadership even if it is a wicked leadership.

Sometimes we think that our fight is with the natural. We think that we can line up and march and resist the government and get change. God showed me that the difference between Jamaicans and the Jews is that the Jews in bondage were delivered by God and we rebelled for our freedom. And so the seed of rebellion sown in us still exists.

They did not need to pick up a sword, God fought for them when they walked out of Egypt with their self-respect. That is why wherever you put them they prosper. Today we keep going back to what was, as if we are trying to get freedom all over again. We don’t realise that if the son has set us free we are free indeed.

That is why no matter who we put up as leader, even if he is good we tear him down, we become familiar with him after a while and just like the story of the crab in the barrel we tear down each other and so we never go forward. We still have the spirit of rebellion to tear down and resist each other.

In Guatemala the land is prosperous because the whole land has turned to God. Even vegetation is affected by the manifestation of God. We must understand that the state of a nation and a people and what they receive depends on the spiritual health of the nation.

The police force will not be better, because the crop of people coming to the force is the same broken people. Six months of training cannot change the brokenness. When they are released on the streets what you see is just a reflection of what is already there. To have a proper force you must get people that are healthy emotionally who will make decision not based on their past but out of a healed spirit and God wants to take us to that place.

When a nation doesn’t call upon God the leadership that is raised out of that will have the same components and desires as the people themselves.

Our responsibility is to pray for those who are in authority, according to first Timothy 2:1

I cannot join with others and say it can’t get better. I must pray and intercede that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in godliness and reverence.

Sometimes we try to justify not following the law. But God says that is not right.

We refuse to pay our taxes because the roads are not fixed and we have no water. We are not to listen and watch what they do. God is the one who brings them into judgement. We need to pray for them over and over. Even when you can’t stand them, pray for them.

…If we are in business we cannot follow other people who evade taxes. When this happens it affects the middle man, it burdens other people and those who work must sustain and then there is an imbalance that leads to stealing. It is our responsibility as believers to obey .

Reverend Philemon Samuels pastors Fresh Bread Ministries International, a charismatic church in St James with outreaches in several Central American countries. The church which was founded by Samuels and his wife, Olga in 1999, has a pentecostal background.

Article

View
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: Respect the Gov t No matter what

"for there is no authority except that which God has established"

People really believe that? Did God establish leadership like that of Hitler? People need fi stop tell lie pon God.

Sorry, I cannot agree with your post, even if yuh find it in the bible. Yuh believe yuh must still show respect to those that abuse you? Sound a bit like battered wife syndrome to me.

People a mek up noise bout Garvey lately ... well, "There shall be no solution to this race (remove this race and use Jamaica's) problem until you, your selves, strike the blow for liberty." Now tell me if yuh think Garvey would agree with your BWS stance?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

This was not my article, or blog as Jawge would call it, it was taken from a sermon my pastor preached two weeks ago and which I asked him to submit to us to be used as a guest columnist in the Observer West today.

So far we have had some interesting responses.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

The bible say one must speak the truth, nuh true? So its kind of hypocritical for these pastors to be telling the congregation to submit themselves. Then again, dem alright. I've always observed people tekking them 'best' to give pastor and duh widout.

Is the pastor on any state board? Must!
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You sure you want to go down this road Lazie? You sound like one of those people who has not gone to church in years and holding on to things from the past.

I am sure thre have been corrupt preachers or those who are ignorant of the Word but I can assure you I would never be part of any congregation that will seek to fatten pastors while we go hungry and I have never heard any such thing preached in the church that I attend.

The same Bible you speak of warns that there is a serious punishment set aside for those who lead the sheep astray.

Wasnt the children of Israel living in Egypt for years? And werent they told to obey those set above them, also the precept of 'giving to Caesar what is Caesar's" is true now as it was then.

Corrupt or even inept goverment can inadvertently lead people back to God.

But Like I said unless you are a part of a vibrant congregation you cnat stay outside and criticise based on speculations and what you hear from decades ago.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Decades? What yuh talking bout breden? A last Sunday mi guh a church, but Lazie keep it real. A St. Ann mi come from, a lot of farmers deh bout and mek mi tell yuh Lazie very observant.

When people fall fi the con dem always find a way fi justify it. Remember, be wise as serpent but be harmless as a dove.

Comment

One more thing Sickko! Mi glad yuh point out, "The same Bible you speak of warns that there is a serious punishment set aside for those who lead the sheep astray."

How you certain this pastor isn't one that is leading the sheep astray? How you know him is not Tommy Tucker singing for his suppa?

Comment

Because you can read and understand for yourself and you are in a relationship with God and not just waiting for Pastor to 'dish out food' for you to eat. There is a big difference between religion and having a relationship with God. One will save you and the other will condemn you.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

... and you really think God would be pleased if you sit back and allow yuhself to be abused? You know the sad thing? People buy the crap that pastor preaching.

If God wanted people whey inna relationship wid him fi suffer, why him would allow Moses fi lead the people from Egypt? Strange how you say you in a relationship wid God and telling the rest of us to submit to Pharoah. Wha dat Sickko?

Comment

I warned you about taking this on, but you naah learn. How long were the children of Israel in Egypt? About two weeks and decided enough was enough and left? No sah. Go back and read the story again man. The children of Israel were in Egypt for several generations and were loving it. The story will tell you how many times they complained bitterly while in the wilderness that Moses had taken them away from the place where they ate three meals a day and lived well and many times on the journey they begged him to take them back there instead of bringing them into the desert to let them starve. Even when they got manna and quail from heaven and Moses struck the rock and water poured forth they still grumbled. A set of ingrates if I ever saw one.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Suh clarify something fi me. Yuh saying we should put up with mediocrity fi generations because God allowed it to happen to the Jews? Is this comedy hour or something? I asked all the while, which religious fanatics worse ... the Muslims or the comrades? Yuh providing proof which is worse.

Yuh really thing the Jews are a set of ingrates? PLEASE. Check yuh countrymen. Mi notice everybody a mek up noise bout Garvey. Lets see the behaviour of ingrates.

Who was the prosecutor when Garvey was tried in Jamaica? Who was it that protested when it was proposed to bring Garvey's body back to Jamaica? Maybe Balla and Jawge can step in here? Then again ... maybe not.

Since we still talking bout ingrates .. if you can objectively look at the Economic Indicators under each gov't you will see how much Jamaica full of ingrates and now pastor a tell congregation fi bite dem lip and tek abuse? Mek mi guess, nobody nuh walk out nuh true? A coulda a wha suh bout Jamaicans mek dem love suffah suh?

Comment

How Jawge get Lazie password and deh post under him name?
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

is a lucky ting mi back broad, suh mi nuh offended. Jawge on the other hand should feel proud.

Comment

Working...
                          X