Don't give up on beautiful Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't give up on beautiful Jamaica

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Don't give up on beautiful Jamaica</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>
    Monday, September 04, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>Dear Editor,<P class=StoryText align=justify>I write to express my thoughts on a recent trip back to Jamaica for a wedding. I am a Canadian but had the very good fortune to live in Jamaica for two years through a volunteer organisation (CUSO) and work at the School of Hope in Kingston. It has been over two years since I have been back to Jamaica and it seems more beautiful now.

The wedding was in Trelawny. It was very nice, I enjoyed seeing the country side again. After the wedding, I had the opportunity to go to Ocho Rios to spend some time on the beach with my wife, niece and mother-in-law. Talking to my niece, I told her I would love to move to Jamaica and she asked why, I told her the country and the people are beautiful and it would be a nice place to live. She said 'no, it's full of thieves'.

Jamaica is one of the nicest places that God put on this earth and to get advice from a young child that her country is not a good place to live because it's full of thieves, says to me that the youth of Jamaica have given up on calling Jamaica home. I ask the people of Jamaica to start a campaign to show your youth that Jamaica is beautiful and not to give up on where you come from.<P class=StoryText align=justify>
    Paul Rozee
    Canada

BLACK LIVES MATTER
Working...
X